Sunday, January 3, 2016

Homebaked Love

There's nothing quite like Grandma's cookies.
Whether its love,
Special ingredients.
Or just a really good time.

They always seem to taste better than other cookies made elsewhere.
Perhaps there is some magic to Grandma's house.
That enhances the flavor of everything made there. :)

In case you couldn't tell. :) lol
I got to make cookies with my Grandma yesterday.

Its been forever since me and my siblings have been able to do so.
Years.
Because we're all all over the place, busy with work, have different schedules.
So it makes it hard to coordinate us all for a day to be able to take the time to make cookies.

It has been a Christmas Tradition to make cookies with Grandma before Christmas.
We didn't manage to do it this year.
But we got a 'head start' this year. Doing them the first weekend of the year, we're totally on track lol.

We gathered together.
And using Great Great Grandmother recipes.
We made Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
^^ So. Tasty.
Honestly I could have been fine just making the dough so I could eat just that. ^^

But its also fun to cut out the cookies into different shapes as well. Rolling out the dough into a flat plank to use the cookie cutters on. ^^

So weird that every recipe uses Vanilla though. O.o Musta been a trend back when the world was black and white. ;)

But making, baking, decorating all those cookies was a blast. ^^
I had a great time making them with Grandma and spending some quality time with her. :)

And judging by how my roommates have downed them.
The cookies are delicious. lol. ^^

Hopefully we'll be able to do it again soon. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment