Friday, April 14, 2017

A Ray of Sunshine

It was a fleeting moment.

I'd gotten off work earlier than usual, as I'd switched shifts with a coworker.
And since I hadn't been able to go to my favorite writing spot (Wendy's) yesterday due to feeling ill....
I decided to drop by there today to grab food.
Though not to write, as I'd bought fish from work and needed to take them home.

Yet, for whatever reason, even though I'd told the cashier that my food was "to go" twice....
My order wasn't placed in a bag so I could go. But on a tray, so I could stay.

*shakes head*
For the most part, when something happens to try and delay me, I take it as a sign that I shouldn't try to force things my way. *shrugs* and that in all likely hood, by being delayed, I'm being lead to avoid somethin that would make my life more difficult.
Or being lead to run into something that can make my life brighter.

So I chose not to correct the cashier for a third time, and just took my tray of food to my usual eating spot. I could hang out there for ten or so minutes without my fish suffering in the car.
And so, I sat and ate and scrolled through facebook. (as I'd left my writing stuff in the car since I hadn't been intending to stay in the first place.)

Then, as I finished my meal.
I stood up and turned around.
And saw this girl sitting nearby.

*blinks*
Usually it's nothing to remark on. People come and go all the time at Wendy's. It is a food spot after all.
But there was just something...'happy about her' Like you just saw her and wanted to smile.

I walked to the trash can to throw my stuff away, thinking to myself. "I should say something to her."
So when I turned to walk out the door. I told her. "I like your shirt! It's really sparkly!"
And her smile really seemed to light up the room. "Thanks!!" She said.
I smiled back as really, she seemed to radiate happiness. "I wish I had that shirt." I responded before I continued out the door, to my car, and drove home.

It was a fleeting moment.
But ah.
Just that brief interaction had lifted my spirits immensely. I don't even know why. She just had that...happiness about her, that you couldn't help but be really happy too, you know?

Honestly, I'm wondering if I missed out on some opportunity there lol.
A potential new friend, a new roommate? Who knows.
I should have tried to stay and talked to her longer.
But I didn't.

*shakes head*
Honestly, I get too focused on things on occasion.
And more than likely I won't ever run into her again. :(
Still...if I do. Note to self; Be sure to actually stay and TALK!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment