Friday, April 21, 2017

Volume Down?

One of the things I didn't like about living in an apartment....was that the walls were always too thin. The ceilings too.
It felt like you could hear your neighbor playing music, or that the people living above you had bricks strapped to their feet.

So if you're trying to have some peace and quiet and alone time....yah, it didn't always happen.

So you'd think that moving into a house would be a lot better.
And it is.
;) Except when my roommates decide to vacuum above me while I'm taking a nap. lol.
But we're all spread out enough and quiet enough, that the random occurrences of being a bit more noisy are rather tolerable. (unless I have a headache, but then not much is actually tolerable when those come on.)

However,
You'd think....that living in a house, where your neighbor's walls aren't touching your walls....you wouldn't be bothered by them unless they were mowing the lawn too early in the morning.

Yet, occasionally one of our neighbors....does make himself heard.
Which...while the houses in my current area aren't wall to wall, they don't have the 12 feet of distance between them like my parent's home does with their neighbors.
It's more like...six feet of space between our walls and their walls?
(why do people build so close together now?)

Which you'd think would be great at keeping sound down.
And it is...
Unless said neighbor decides to watch some sort of action movie in his 'home theatre room' at the loudest volume possible.
(Honestly...how is the guy not deaf?)
Which means all those deeper vibrating sounds that make you feel the explosions and feel the danger?
Yah.
I can feel them waaaaaayyyy over here in my room. *shakes head*
And considering that's like an extra six feet of space....
It's loud.
12 feet away with walls at least a foot or so thick in both our houses?
And I can feel the deep notes reverberating around me?

It's too loud.
How is he not deaf?!

*shakes head*
Thankfully, at least this neighbor is mature enough that hopefully within the next hour (depending on the length of the movie) the sound will die and I'll be able to sleep....hopefully....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment