Sunday, April 9, 2017

Finally, New Fish

It seems like there's always some set backs in every good thing.
Like you don't always get the thing right the first time.
Maybe not even the second time.
Or the third.
Or the hundredth.
But if you keep trying.
It will go right eventually. Right?

So.
I had a bit of a setback with my fish tank a couple of weeks ago.
Where I introduced some guppies to my tank....
And ended up loosing like a fourth of my fish. :S

The guppies all died, my bettas all died, a shark disappeared, a danio disappeared, a pleco died, and I'm still currently losing my Rasboras.

And the problem?
I have no idea.
I'm not sure what sort of issue has struck my tank.
Because there's no visible signs.
Like...one night their fine,
The next evening, they're dead.

So, despite me wanting to buy more fish.
I held off for the past couple of weeks.
To let the tank settle again, and to make sure no more fish would die.

...I'm still losing my Rasboras for who knows why...I almost think that they're just too fat and eating themselves to death. *shakes head*

But with my angelfish still alive in my tank two weeks later.
I decided, yesterday, to take a chance and buy more fish.

As usually if there is something wrong with a tank....the angelfish tend to die first.
Since they were still alive...what ever was affecting my fish wasn't affecting them.

So.
I bought more fish!!
Yay. ^^
And twenty-four hours later.
They're still alive!! Woot!! lol.

But I have to say, my favorite new addition to my tank, currently, is my new catfish I bought.

I believe their names are panda cory catfish.
Image result for panda cory catfish
And they look like this! (picture above)

You see.
My work doesn't carry these fish.
But for some reason...on Friday, they came in with our other fish.
I don't know exactly how they came in as I didn't work that day.
But when I saw them Saturday, I knew what they were, and double checked our fish invoice...and saw that they weren't on the invoice.

Therefore they were 'accidental additions' to our store.
-Which occasionally happens. We get in random fish mixed in with other fish.
No idea how it happens...but it does every once in a while.

And since we didn't have a SKU for them it's not like we could sell them.

And I liked them.
So I got them. lol.

I consulted with my manager in charge, and we decided on a price (after a search online) I would pay to purchase them (as it felt weird just taking them.) And took them through the register as "Merchandise"

Ah.
I love them though.
It's so fun to watch the three corys schooling together, and they're way more visible in my tank than my secretive south American bumble bee catfish.

They're so active and swimming around!
It makes me tempted to get more cories in the future....probably a different variety though lol. Since who knows when I'll accidentally get more of them in. ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment