Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Role Reversal

My world was turned upside down today.

Why?
Because it finally happened.

You see.
For the past...well I actually dunno.
But the past little while, I've ended up at the Wendy's nearby my work at least twice a week.
As I've taken to going there after work to get my favorite crispy chicken sandwich,
And then unwind there as I jot down some ideas for story concepts I have.
It's a great zone really where I really can just relax and get into the groove and let my thoughts flow freely.

And at this Wendy's I have a favorite cashier.
One who likes to give me fresh fries and is basically amazing in general.
And the thing is...

I know that she has a dog.
She even says that she goes to my work to buy food.

But I had never seen her there before.
At my work.

Yet she knew that I worked there.
And so I figured it only had to be a matter of time before she and I would collide on my turf instead of hers.

That day was today.

I was in the middle of saying hi to my ultimost favorite puppy dogs Hercules and Dodger
-which is a rare treat for me, I only see them every two or three months it feels like.
When I happened to look up and see a familiar face.

It was my favorite cashier!!
She had walked into the store with her own puppy dog Jasmine. (super sweet dog)
And I was like *blink blink* I KNOW YOU!!

lol.
It was so weird seeing her out of her work uniform.

And it was basically the same for her.
As her first words were "I finally get to see you in your work uniform!!"

lol. Which I found rather amusing. Because like 8/10 times when I go to Wendy's....I am actually in my work uniform. But since it's been cold the past few months, I've been wearing a jacket. Which disguises the fact that I'm actually in uniform.

So I suppose I can understand why she didn't realize I've been in uniform the entire time. lol.
Still It's probably just as disconcerting for her to see me with a uniform and name tag and her in casual clothes when to her it appears the other way around.

It was great to see her!
Though I regret I couldn't help her out more today. :( As I was the only one in my department in the middle of a rush, so I had couldn't stick around and chat.

But maybe, now that she knows I actually do exist in my work.
She'll drop by more often.
Who knows. ;)
But it definitely was a fun experience to have. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment