Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

So I'm probably in the minority here.
But out of all the sports to watch....
Baseball is my favorite.

It's not like I know anything about the game beyond the basics.
lol. Nor is it that I'm a fervent fan that knows stats and such on players.
Nor do I have a favorite team.
In fact...I have hardly a clue about baseball team names.

But that doesn't stop me from liking watching it.

It's a variety of reasons....
I like watching the little rituals the players have before they step up to bat or before the pitcher throws the ball.
I like watching the players run, trying to get to base either by stealing it or by dashing to it. Some of the moves they end up doing are rather acrobatic.
I enjoy the slight strategy to the game. Will the pitcher throw a fast ball? a curve ball? a low ball? Will the batter hit the ball hard, bunt it, let it slide?

Strategy. I enjoy the atmosphere.
I mean, I've only been to one local ball game in the past couple of years, but I liked the different atmosphere. It wasn't crazy (who knows it may be more crazy in other parts of the States...) And I liked it...
I just...liked watching it.
Wondering if the ball will get caught, if the batter will strike out, if there will be a homerun.

Ah.
Honestly.
I need to get myself to more ball games.
Because I always find myself hooked with watching it when ball games come up in shows or movies or even if I catch brief glimpses in the news....

Yep.
New goal.
Go to more baseball games.
....Now to find out when the baseball season is......:S ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment