Sunday, April 16, 2017

Wanting More

I'm in that mindset again.
The obsessive one.
Usually because my imagination has been sparked by something.

It could be a show, a book, a cool picture, something said, something that happened at work.
It could come from anywhere really.

And it's like I haven't yet left my current obsession of Detective Conan.
I mean, I've filled up nearly three full notebooks of ideas of stories relating to that universe.
It's spurred me into actively working on writing, to taking steps to get things down on paper instead of them staying in my head.
And I'm soo excited for it all!!

And yesterday....I came across a fic.
Because I am in that obsessive stage of reading fanfics.
That was just....well Amazing.
The reading caught my interest, the plot is fantastic, and to kick it all together....the fic isn't yet finished. Leaving me hanging in cliffhanger mode.
Which is which sparks the deeper obsession.
Because I'm 'awake' I'm 'aware' I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!
And about the only way to get myself to calm down is to find something to distract myself.
Which usually results in either finding everything that the fanfic author has ever written and reading it then and there. Or finding a different fanfic to read. Or if spurred by ideas, just sitting down and writing ideas into plots that were spurred by what I'd spent the last four hours reading.

It's one of those obsession phases....where it makes it difficult to focus on other things.
Because I NEED TO KNOW MORE.
So I sit at the computer anxiously refreshing the page. Waiting for an update.
Hoping it will happen soon. lol.
(Told you I was obsessed)
Thankfully this fic appears to be updating daily.
But that makes the 23 hours and 45ish minute wait for the next chapter that much more difficult to deal with lol.

(I'm only partially exaggerating.)
*shakes head*
In any case.
Since it's day two of 'super obsessed'...
I can only hope that I've worn myself out enough that I can focus when I get to work in the morning.
Though considering I can think and work at the same time.... ;) Odds aren't good for me.

Ah well.
I'm excited. I'm happy.
And that's what counts. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment