Friday, June 24, 2011

The Ball's In Your Court

Its always fun to have those moments of total chaos isn't it?
Where I was just sitting there....being unproductive.
Lulled into a happy daze.
When the world suddenly shifts.
And then.
My phone starts dinging me like crazy.
(It sounds like "DING!" that's the noise it makes. Its not hitting me on the head ;) )
A snag has come up in a plan.
People are unsure who to go to, or what to say, what to do
Because they thought things had been done...when they hadn't.
And I'm suddenly scrambling to try make it all work out.
*sighs*
And yet...the ball is in their court.
My side cannot cross over the line until their team does.
I can call out to them, try and convince them to come across my line.
I try to do this while there is still time to do something.
Like when 3 minutes are left on the clock.
Instead...I was contacted when less then a minute remained.
Meaning that my side has to scramble to try and get our play to work with the other team's play.
Why this sudden snag? It seems to be there was a feint made to come to my side of the court.
But they never fully crossed the line.
So we're scrambling trying to make everyone happy.
And hopefully by the end of the game.
Both sides will go home with smiles.
Believing that they did their best and that it was the best they could do. :)

Hopefully my team can scramble in the final seconds.
To pull it off, unfortunately...it won't be known for a bit.

So for now the ball is in the other team's court.
Hopefully my team gets it back before the end of the game. ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


We were at....a zoo...
or at least a makeshift zoo while the actual zoo was being rebuilt.
It was almost like the zoo had been placed inside a school/university/museum type of place.
The first exhibit I came to (I felt pretty young at first like maybe 10) was of...aquatic creatures.
I think I saw some penguins, I did see alot of fish. and in the background like a narrator
there was a teacher telling us about different types of sea fish (all of them were 'flat' fish like Dori from Finding Nemo or angel fish, those sorts) Though there were some real fish they also had models of fake fish in the tanks as well with labels on the wall below the tank telling us what type of fish they were.
The fish were really life like -the fake ones- and I had been impressed that they didn't move from their placement above the cards about them. Then I realized they were fake.
The dangerous looking creepy silver ones were fake.
As I moved down the line of tanks headed to a staircase (it was an open area so you could see the room below the staircase) I passed by a tank with a mini (baby?) humpback whale. -the whale that 'eats' Dori and Marlin in Finding Nemo. It looked like its bigger counterpart. So I thought it might have been a miniaturized version. A pygmy, a bonsai...and this place didn't have just one mini whale, they had two. I saw the other one as I glanced about the room.
But I made it past the 'fishy' room and encountered a type of maze. Where I could make a choice of where I wanted to go.
The first fork lead me to a classroom.
The second lead me to a different room.
I went down the first fork (the left one) to the classrooms, saw they were classrooms, doubled back and took the second fork to see where it would take me. I saw a glimpse of...Savanna-African animals, and satisfied I turned back and went back to the classrooms.
Why? Well I was curious as to why they had this classroom as part of the zoo experience.
There..I think I encountered children. (dream is going hazy)
But the next thing I knew...was that I was in my parents house. In the hallway. Trying to get all our cats and dogs out. -I think there was a fire or something. So I had a handful of cats and I was trying to get the dogs out. I had to keep turning around before I made it out of the house though.
How come?
Well the lights. I kept turning them off. But whenever I turned back to them after having turned away. They were back on.
After doing this three or four times. I kept my eyes carefully on the lights.
But...I glanced away once, and my parent's light was on again.
But at this point I was like "Bag it! it can STAY on for all i care!" and I turned and left.


We were in a store. With a bunch of different toys.
I found a basket filled with talking bugs. They were stuffed animals and when you threw them against the ground. They would would say a phrase. If you hit them against a hard surface again, they would say a different phrase.
I was really happy to find these toys. Because I remembered them from when I was younger. And I thought to myself 'they're coming back into style! Woot!"
Needless to say I got distracted with them for a bit.
Until my sister and mom distracted me. I continued looking around the high-end store with all its....fancy jewelry and objects. (it seemed high class because all the furnishings made the rather ordinary objects look extraordinary)

Mom came in when I was near finished with wrapping the presents.
We talked for a bit and my present ended up sideways leaning against the wall. (it suddenly became pretty long) And I thought it looked like a...well it had a similar shape as the Star Trek Enterprise ship.
Mom said something about prices and I checked the last box of presents...the part that hadn't fully been wrapped. There were three stuffed animals. Two smaller -like the bugs and one bigger...like a monkey.
I tore off their price tags (the bigger one was $14.75 I think...the smaller ones $??.99 )
Then I had to get to school.
Only there was a big snowstorm. Still I was sure my car could make it. After all it was a tracker, a jeep type car, it had four wheeled drive.
So I was driving through the snowstorm on unpaved roads up a hill.
And I turned off into a church parking lot. (because I actually needed to go downhill...)
I was finding it hard to brake so I turned in to basically get control over my car.
I ended up sliding across the parking lot. My foot was to the floor trying to brake. But i ended up hitting a fence anyway. My car was undamaged though because it was a chain link fence. I was relieved that I didn't total my car, and relieved that I hadn't hit the other four or so cars in the parking lot.
I managed to get myself turned around and saw a silver...car type car near the entrance parked by the enclosure holding the garbage cans. I only noticed this because I thought it was a weird place to park. But it made sense in a way because that car was safer and could get back onto the roads easier.
As I was making my way up to that silver/grey car. I saw a green jeep come into the parking lot (he had a black carry case thing on top..to store things in)...and basically try the same thing I did.
Only...he...got more damage then I did. The jeep had less control...and ended up crunching his hood.
-the church parking lot was divided into two leafs a shorter one and a longer one. He crashed at the end of the shorter one. As I was leaving the lot I looked back and saw him going down the longer one like I did to get control. He ended up crashing into the fence barrier (it was a different looking fence) like I did. Though his hood was normal again...so i think he came away with no damage as well.)
I turned and headed down to the school.
I was walking the hallways of my university when I got a text from Dan.
There was a sort of...festival going on at the school.
And the last time the festival happened Dan had turned in twelve Pepsi Visers and won a prize.
His text told me that he had 12 Pepsi Visers again. I wandered the hallways trying to find him and the Pepsi booth I remembered from last time. But then his next text...confused me.
Because apparently he wasn't THERE at the fair. He was on a vacation somewhere.
That was rather frustrating.
I ended up in a craft store. where there were two metal glitter objects.
I took the first metal object it was silver with the glitter on it and added some blue by moving my fingers along the pattern.  (they were thin almost like bracelets in thinness but not meant to be worn in the same way)
I picked up the second one, made of copper to try and do the same thing, only without the same results.
And it was like...I was transported into a  memory. Where I was still in the shop.
but now a whole different scene was happening before my eyes.


It wasn't clear. Mostly it was just my thoughts telling me a story.
About a young man. Who traveled between two worlds in order to save 12 princess's that were lost there.
One of them being his 'one true love'
Yet he didn't rescue her first.
For he was afraid that if he did, he would not want to rescue the other girls
So instead he left her for last. Though between each 'rescue' the time seem to get longer and longer.
Finally there were three, then two...then only her.
She waited.
and waited.
and waited this dark haired woman (She looks like Veronica from the Sorcerer's Apprentice)
Until she realized.
He had forgotten her. he had gone onto another girl. Another love interest.
She basically snapped. Turning evil.
Destroying others and becoming the thing that she had feared most when captive.
But then one day a young man came to destroy her.
For he could travel in between the two worlds like his predecessor.
Only..the man had a secret.
The first traveler's soul was locked up inside of his.
And his presence made itself known when the woman faced off the kid.
His explanation for not coming back....
I got the sense that he had been killed. But his soul had been searching for a way to free her until he found this boy.


The story grows dim as I set the copper armlet thing back on the counter.
Yet I can still see it the scene before me


as the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again.

Extra Info

-I've seen Finding Nemo Recently
-I also read an article last night before going to bed about a guy who has underwater sculptures that are meant to be covered with coral over time. And one such statue has...they were a yellow fish...flat...i think they were angel fish. come to live around that statue. It was amazing because those type of fish hadn't been seen in years.

-Alot of this dream came from really random bits and pieces of things I've read or seen recently. And they meshed together in such a way....that it would take waaay too long to explain it in a way that made sense. Mostly its a "I saw this picture of a bonsai tree and it made its way into my dreams as a bonsai well. Things like that :)

And that
is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment