Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Moment of Forgetfulness

I had to go to the dentist today.
For my six month check up...
to see if I would be one of those 'lucky' victims selected to have cavity's needing to be filled.
It was a long drive up from my apartment.
So I went the route of eating some breakfast, brushing my teeth and intending to wait til after the appointment to eat a much wanted lunch. That way when I dropped by my house, if I didn't have enough time I wouldn't have to rush brushing my teeth.
Well...that didn't go exactly as planned.
I ended up in the backyard of my home.
And I remembered. My old roommate had had peas ready to eat.
And I knew that we were growing peas in the garden.
In the backyard.
So what did I do?
Yep. I wandered over to find them.
And I encountered!!
Strawberries ^^
Bright. Red. Juicy.
Yes. I popped two into my mouth then and there, enjoying their juicy deliciousness.
Before I continued my hunt for peas.
Because they'd been moved from their usual place. >.< Instead Tomatoes..not yet right were there.
And for a moment I was devastated, thinking that I'd missed the Peas, that they were gone, that they hadn't been planted like I was told.
But then!
Eureka!!
I found them.
Behind me.
And it was then.
Only then, after snarfing ten of them into my mouth.

That I remembered my earlier thoughts of...
DO NOT EAT TIL AFTER THE DENTIST
*sighs* A Moment of Forgetfulness.
And my teeth got a second bath in toothpaste.
Curse those Delicious Peas and Strawberries.
Oh well. ^^ It was an early reward.
I received the all clear cavity-wise!! Woot!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


I was in a grocery store line checkout stand...but it was in a restaurant.
I was trying to buy something and my cashier ended up being Jackie. (an old roommate)
But she wasn't really helping me.
I finally got my thing bought (not by jackie)
...and spotted her sitting down with a boy in a restaurant styled booth.
I went over to say Hi. Since I hadn't seen her in a while.
But she was...distant.
I asked her if the boy was her fiancee.
She wouldn't tell me a straight answer.
I asked what time her wedding reception was (she's getting married this weekend)
And she wouldn't answer.
I asked if she sent me a wedding invite (she sent one to another old roommate)
And she wouldn't give me a straight answer.
So basically I threw my hands up at her. (not literally but that's how I felt)
And left. Headed back home.
It wasn't a fun walk.
I was in heels walking downtown in the direction of the Gateway, or my Mom's work.
And I was trying to walk quickly because it was getting late.
But...it wasn't working. I felt sluggish. And I moved rather slowly.
With a more determined step then a quick one.
Though there were people around me; a woman with blonde hair, a guy that was kinda balding in a jacket.
Going in the same direction. But I wanted to move quicker and it wasn't happening.
I eventually came to the entrance of one of the skyscrapers and went inside
intending to cut through to the otherside to continue my journey home.
But there were a group of women standing in the middle of the building.
And they looked familiar as I approached.
They were taller then I remembered though. It seemed like they all were 'basketball player' sized.
But I was positive that they were teachers from my Elementary School.
One looked like Mrs. Call my 5th grade teacher.
But most of the others were teachers I've seen, but never been taught by.
Like Mrs. Thorton, Mrs Norton. And others.
I went up to Mrs. Thorton because she was slightly shorter then the rest.
And I was like "You look familiar"
She said the same thing "You look familiar too."
"Mrs. Thorton?" I asked.
And she said "Yes."
I told her who I was and we had a nice 'reunion'
Where she hugged me and invited me to stay for the celebration and I got to talk to the other teachers.
And I found out they were basically having a 'reunion' party.
For a 'special' teacher.
My fourth grade teacher Mr. Danielson.
For being the 'only guy teacher' in the school.
Which was odd...I remember Mr. Unger, and another guy teacher being at the school.
But in Elementary Mr. Danielson was my first guy teacher.
I was over away from the door when He walked in.
Everybody flocked around him saying congratulations and all that type of stuff.
And my brother Meralto was suddenly there.
Though he looked to be really young. 5 or 6.
Mr. Danielson spotted him first and thought he looked familiar.
He kept trying to get my brother to talk.
But it wasn't working.
-Apparently Meralto had Mr. Danielson in first grade as a teacher after he stopped teaching the 4th grade.
(Not true. Mr. Danielson taught for one year then moved to a different school entirely to teach.)
But when I came up to Mr. Danielson he caught the family resemblance.
And I think he recognized me.


But the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment