Friday, July 1, 2011

Shadowfriend

Have you ever had a shadow that stares back at you?
Well...I have one at the moment.
I call him Patches.
And he likes to cling like a shadow as well to me.
Which makes it rather hard to move around the house.
Whenever he shows up.
Still. :) I tolerate him. :)
He's a sweet shadow.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I'm not sure how I came to get a giant bag of candy.
I think it was on sale for $7.99 at a store...
It was the only bag there...perhaps it was the first one...or the last one.
But this giant bag of candy...had a surprise in it. Possibly.
In one of the eggs. -Easter Eggs.
Some were egg shaped, others like fortune cookies, others like bouncy balls.
And I knew that in one of them...
was a million dollars.
i didn't want anybody else to find it.
So I hid the candy in a drawer.
So I could find the million dollars later.
Well...I had three young cousins come over.
And at some point... I was trying to keep something out of my room.
I don't know if it was an animal...or people...I think it was the young cousins.
And I moved my school desk (it was attached to the shelves on the wall, kinda like a bookshelf)
In front of the door...yah they tried to tip it over.
And...a couple of figurines fell to the ground.
One was of Christ dressed in red robes. His legs had broken. :(
I set him down on a reflective mirror...like those you put glass figurines on.
My thoughts were "so he can look like he's walking in water." or something like that.
Then i bent under the desk to look for the legs.
I kept finding other pieces. Mostly of dragon sculptures. bright and neon colored. yellow and the like.
I found the head to a dragon statue I had that was of a dragon looking at a computer screen. I was sad that that one broke.
Then I opened the drawer of the desk to make sure the candy was still there only to find
 most if it gone.
You could say I was devastated...and angry.
That they'd gone through most of the candy.
Because I didn't know if they'd found the million dollars or not.
I picked up the bag.
Looking at the wrappers all around and the scanty remaining candy. 
It was sad.
But then I noticed. A yellow ball shaped one had a piece of paper sticking out of it.
It looked like a lined bit of paper, but was narrow enough to look like a fortune paper as well.
I pulled it out.
And unfolded it.
And kept unfolding it.
To reveal an envelope.
And inside?
I first saw two ones and a five at first.
But then I flipped through and saw the money increase. 10s 20s 100s 200s increasing til I saw a Bill for $1,000,000
-It was old fashioned money from Benjamin Franklin's time.
The two hundred bill was rather cute. The picture on it was of a younger man. Curly hair. blonde. He reminded me of Jasper from Twilight. He was cute. ;)
Were it was grey white instead of green. But the money was still good. It could never expire.
Which meant! I was rich!!
But I didn't go out and spend it.
No I hid it back up again...somewhere in the vicinity of my bunk bed.
Telling my mom that I'd found the money.
But staying mum to everyone else.
And I was rather paranoid that someone else would find out about the money....

Then a jump  in time happened.
And it was many generations in the future.
Which was dirty, brown, red, not a happy future.
And I was running, because I knew where my greatgreatgreat ancestor had hidden the money.
And they wanted me to get it.
I was cowering down in a shady corner in the trees

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment