Friday, July 29, 2011

Scrambling




















...I wonder what possessed the sign makers to put "scrambling" on this sign.
Its not a common word to have on signs after all.
I wonder if it had something to do with the 'excuses' people give rangers when they're caught not following signs.
Still...its an interesting word. Scrambling. And it describes climbing on rocks really well :)

Until you next read these words;
I"ll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


I was in a basement house type of place.
And this woman who looked like my aunt Gaileen and her husband
Were showing me around the house.
Which apparently was a 'Noah's Ark' zoo type of ideal
Where they had rooms for different animals that they would sell to people and keep for people.
My mom had a couple of sugar gliders that she was anxious to hold for example.
So the woman showed me around and opened this small cubby like door
I poked my head inside and saw another opening, square in shape
And the body of a woman inside.
She had brown hair and pale skin, and her face was turned away from me.
Her hand was outstretched, the right one.
And in her grasp...around her wrist and in her hand.
Was a snake with two tails.
It was a poisonous snake. Deadly.
And it unwound itself (it was about a foot long)
And came after me.
It bit me.
And it seemed like we had 'bonded' in a sense.
The animal had become my familiar?
Even though I had tried to climb out of reach of it.
Using a bunkbed.
And suddenly in my lap.
Was a white kitten. Very cute.
And it seemed like this kitten was meant to be my familiar,
but I'd been corrupted.
So the white kitten ended up 'bonding' with a black kitten.
Then it seemed to skip ahead a few years.
Where basically we knew that I couldn't get pregnant (i was married)
Because of the snake bite.
So we were going to try and adopt.

I was then wandering around our basement.
And went into my sisters old room. (currently my brothers)
And saw some stuffed animals in a corner looking rather sad and dusty.
I saw a lizard as well...with a spider -a daddy long leg riding on it.
I jumped onto the bed to get away from it.
And some woman told me that the lizards were to eat the spiders.
But both were rather freaky looking.
The lizards were green or green yellow.
the spiders were daddy-long legs with the center being different colors.
I moved away from that bedroom.
Into my old bedroom in the basement, trying to avoid the spiders.
My brother was there laying on his bed, wrapped up in the covers.
We started talking.
But then I noticed a spider (all spiders were daddy long legs)
On the wall. I scooted away. Glad the bed was far enough from the wall
that the spider couldn't get to the bed.
But my brother accidentally moved a bit of the bedsheet.
So that it touched the spider.
The spider climbed on and started moving around the bed. my brother flicked it away.
Towards me.
I panicked and flicked it away.
It landed on the floor and disappeared.
And suddenly I was in my mom's grasp.
And i was whispering to her.
Knowing that there were others nearby.
"Can we go home, I don't like it here." (at this point I thought i was in Colorado)
"Why not?"
"Too many spiders."
I wanted to return in the winter when the bug problem would die down.
The summer wasn't fun for me.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment