Friday, July 22, 2011

ByeBye Channels

Well...it was enjoyable while it lasted.
Today, our apartment complex got a new cable provider.
Direct TV
Which means....that all the channels I had grown to love..aren't available anymore. :(

You see...like 9 months back. I don't remember the timing exactly.
Our cable had gone down.
So when we turned on the TV...we just got this nice little circular logo bouncing around the screen.
And I was like "Nooo!!!"
But I figured instead of waiting for it to be fixed.
(Since I tend to be impatient sometimes)
I would try and fix the problem myself.
See the last time that had happened to my TV, I had called the help desk and they had me push some buttons and walla! It worked.
So I started messing around with my remote.
And pushed some 1s and 0s. I don't remember the order, I just knew that the last time I had to press 1s and maybe 0s.
And...it started up! It worked!
Though I noticed...at one point that they were like "Is this your address/" on the screen.
And it wasn't.
But I couldn't exit out because my remote was rather....uncooperative.
So I hit yes.
And it worked!
But suddenly...I had access to all these channels....I hadn't been able to watch before.
So I was like :S Uhoh.
Maybe I just accidentally hacked into someone elses TV package thing.
So I went down to the office to tell them what I had did.
And the woman there was talking to the cable people on the phone.
I told them what I had done, and they asked if it was the same company.
I had no idea. But I was pretty sure it was the same company.
So I said yes.
They told me Not to worry then. That I had more channels then I should wasn't a problem or something.
So for the past little while.
I've had access to the movie channels! Woot!
I've been able to watch movies on TV that I haven't seen in forever, or that are new to the channel.

But now.....my channel freedom has disappeared.
And its rather depressing now to flip through channels.
Only to see....
That many of them I no longer can get.
Dumb Direct TV why do they put a bazillion channels on their service.
But only offer like 250 of them?
Its totally depressing.
And when I get into the mood.
I'll probably go through and create my own 'favorites' list of all the channels that I can get.
Because I don't like having to scroll through channels I can't watch. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Ron and Hermione were getting married.
In the temple.
I followed them up a set of spiral stairs to a fount.
Where Brad moved to the front row and gestured to Allison/Hermione to follow him.
(Brad and Ron as well as Allison and Hermione switched places.)
They had to do baptisms for the dead before they could move on through the next doorway to do all the other things needed before they could get married in the temple.


and then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

-S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment