Monday, July 4, 2011

Reverse Parade

I've always been on the sidelines.
When watching a parade.
Enjoying each entry as it passed by.
Hating the heat beating down on me
Loving the candy tossed my way
Saddened when the bands didn't play when they were in front of me.
But I love to see the creativity of those floats in the parade.


Until today...I hadn't understood how difficult a parade can be.
Especially in the heat of the day.
And my sympathy was...decidedly lacking.
Because I hadn't experienced being in a parade myself.


What is it like to view a parade...from within the parade?
Not sitting on the parade route, but in the parade.
Well...its a different sort of parade.
Very few floats are seen.
Only glimpses of them as you wait your turn to leave the staging area.
And boy....Waiting was the longest part.

But walking....walking was somewhat torturous in the heat with the blacktop/concrete shining up on you.
I had thought to myself. "Its only like a mile. No big deal. Its on flat ground, no ups and downs, just walking holding onto the rod. Dancing and having fun!
Oh...no. It was different.
At first I had alot of energy, but near the middle I was sure we were almost done...when we weren't.
*shakes head* I had so underestimated this.
But I had a blast!!
And in many ways...it was like a reverse parade.
Even though I was with the Institute float.
It seemed more like I was the one who was 'standing still'
-even when I was hot, tired, thirsty after dancing along and goofing off
And the people sitting on the sidelines were the parade.
A parade of faces.
People I knew and didn't know.
That was kinda thrilling.
But very terrifying lol.
I didn't really focus on the second part. Because I was goofing off in front of thousands of people ;) lol.
And I thought it was better to think it an adventure and to have fun.
Then worry about what people might have been thinking. ;)

I'm glad that I helped participate though ^^ To see all those faces.
And hopefully brighten someone's day.
lol. My favorite part though, was driving to and from the parade on the float.
Waving to the random people in their yards, on the sidewalks, and in the cars.
I felt like I was giving the people a treat. Something different to see then the usual.
And it was awesome!! :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

-Due to having to wake up early for the parade...the dream was chased from my mind unfortunately Y_Y
But it was a rather interesting one...different.....and that's all I got :)

No comments:

Post a Comment