Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Helmetless

Sometimes I have to wonder what goes through some people's heads.
Because if I was in the same situation....I wouldn't have done what they did.

This past weekend I took a car trip with my family
We were heading out to visit more family for reunions and such.
Well...at one point on the road
We were happily just driving along the two lane highway.
(Passing lane, and slow lane)
We were in the passing lane....because well...we were getting ready to pass a semi further up the road.
When I look to my right....
I noticed this biker dude with his...girlfriend? on back driving past us in the 'slow' lane'
And...he was giving us the finger.
O.o
O.o
O.o
o.O
o.O
o.O
Yah...I couldn't understand why this guy would do that to us....
well, my dad noticed at the same time that we were being flipped off.
So he sped up tailgating the biker.
And the biker turned around and 'shot' a finger gun at us a couple of times.
Before driving up and hanging right next to the cab of the semi-truck for miles upon miles
Not letting us pass.

I just had to shake my head after I calmed down.
(seeing the 'finger gun' freaked me out...what if he had had a real gun?)

Because the fellow was a super super idiot.
Here we are in an SUV
NEXT to a SEMI
and he's on a MOTORCYCLE
with his GIRLFRIEND
ANTAGONIZING US
AND they are both NOT WEARING HELMETS.

It appears to me...that the cards were stacked against him.
If anything had happened to cause the bike to crash...
They'd probably end up dead...
just because the guy got a little 'angry' at us for being in the passing lane and not going his speed?
It just seems pretty stupid. To risk your life, risk the life of the passenger, for a moment of road rage.
When you are the one far more likely to be hurt then the people in the semi or the SUV.

And unable to understand this stupidity...
I started making a list of possibilities as to why he did what he did.
1) He's drugged up. High. On something that makes him feel invincible
2) He's drunk -I dismissed this because he was driving pretty steady
3) He didn't like the state on our licence plate
4) The girl on his bike with him was pregnant and having a baby or extremely sick and they were rushing to some hospital. (I doubt this...)
5) At the rest stop, where I first saw them, we somehow offended them as we drove by their parking stall.
6) He's a tree hugger, and didn't like the fact that we were transporting trees on the back of our SUV. Or something along that line of thought.
7) He just wanted to do it to get a thrill.
8) The Weather wasn't to his liking and he wanted to get under cover.

Or...
8) He wanted to pass, thought we were going slow in the fast lane and was quick to anger and couldn't control his reflexes.......

Whatever the case.
He managed to darken the mood of the trip for the rest of the day.
I can't think ill of him though....
well at least not much further then "I hope bad karma finds you for ruining a happy car trip"

lol I actually started thinking what I would have done if I'd been the one in the drivers seat.
(besides staring at the biker dumbstruck that someone would flip me off when I hadn't been doing anything wrong.)
I think I would have flashed the "I love you" sign at him. With a smile.
(hurting on the inside that he was rude)
I think that might have made him angry though....Happy when he's Upset...yah...he'd probably get more upset because if I smiled it might mean that I was doing it on purpose, that I was purposely being annoying to him...so perhaps I'd skip the smile.
My next instinct would be to start signing at him angrily in ASL and probably speed up after him....

Okay...so in all actuality I would do nothing.
After all, he was helmetless, and I was nice and safe buckled up in the car.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I had a couple of...turtles that I was trying to rescue. A bigger one and a smaller one.
-They looked like turtles...sometimes....I also thought of them as crabs...because I was wary of them 'biting' me or 'pinching me'
Anywho, I had driven to a beach...filled with people.
I didn't know of any other places with ocean water.
But i didnt' want the creatures to get hurt by the people.
So I went over to a side of the beach that had a rock wall with a fence on top and a different beach on the other side. There weren't people there on that side...but the water was really really blue.
Like otterpop blue. like that windshield fluid stuff blue.
There were signs posted...but I didn't pay attention to them.
I figured that it would be a safe spot...after consulting with people.
So i tossed the creatures in...
and they ended up bobbing up to the top like a cork.

They ended up needing rescued, and suddenly there were three turtle creatures instead of one.

But...
:(
They ended up dying.
Some one had rescued them, tried to save them from the exposure....
but they died.
So to make me feel better....
they had skinned the creatures and were making me a belt, or a bag of some sort out of the scaley hide.
....Actually I only think two died...maybe one survived....

But then I was at school.
Working on an animation project.
To go along with a short story I'd written (about the people and turtles)
And I was stuck on the animation sequence of two girls.
Standing on a beach...but it was a pointed ledge type of idea thing too.
i was in a bit of a hurry too...because the project was due soon.
Though I knew I wasn't in school....I apparently was doing this for an assignment...
even though I hadn't taken any classes....perhaps it was a volunteer thing.
Anywho. I was working on a woman, trying to get her posture right for the poster book cover of my story.
I'd changed her pose a couple of times and pressed Ctrl Z to undo it all because I liked the first pose best.
And it ended up turning into an animated dance....with alot more poses then I remembered creating.
I finally stopped at the pose I remembered..only to realize out of the three pictures on the top of my story...two of them were the same, so I was trying to figure out what to do to change one of the pictures

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment