Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sugar Frosted Cookies

There is a problem with buying frosted sugar cookies.
In the fact that they have to last the whole week.
Yet like most sweets...
I just want to GOBBLE THEM ALL UP RIGHT NOW!!!
>.< yet....I can't.
Because I want to have some tomorrow.
>.>
But I look over.
And those cookies are sitting right there.
In plain site.
Taunting me.
<.<
Now it becomes a tug of war
between myself and the cookies.
Right now I'm winning. Though there have been a few really close calls.
Where the cookie almost won in its objective.
But oh no.
It won't win!
IT WON'T!
I'll WIN!! I WILL!!


.....yes. That cookie is sooo not going to be there after tomorrow.


Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


Note: I just was going through some cartoon blogs, hence my crazy post above.
*sighs* I wish I had my computer back so I could draw cartoons to go along with things like this.
Patience. Patience.
(for those who read my Joust post. I'm on book 3 now :) )






The Dream


I was in a "Little House on the Prairie" type of dream.
Where I was Laura, my hair in pigtails, and my sister was Mary.
We were doing something school related -going to, leaving from, having recess...we were outside.
When a bunch of guys...most of them small wiry and blackhaired
attacked Mary. Tearing at her dress and leaving her in her longsleeved nightgown.
And they were tearing at that as well.
-We had somehow made the boys antagonized...though we didn't really understand why.
-I think it was overall a general misunderstanding.
But I didn't want them to have their way with my sister.
So I joined in the fight. Hitting and pushing the guys away until I could reach Mary and pull her away from them.
Afterwards...three guys....but one kid in particular came up to me
and we talked.
Basically the guys were feeling a bit....picked on by other people.
Because they were attracted to their same gender.
So they had banded together to fight those who were against them.
And i told him: "Look. I don't care who you're attracted to. I'll even be your friend, just don't hurt us, I don't like that." <- not exact wording but that was the general concept.
We left each other...basically with the agreement that we weren't enemies, but that he still didn't trust us to be friends either.


I wandered with Mary along the water's edge trying to cross a stream I think.
And heard some voice say: If it rains in the mountains, that's good because it will keep the snowpack from melting too quickly and flooding the valleys.


We made our way into a rendezvous type setting. Where there were people selling goods like in a typical rendezvous...Indian/mountain men gathering.
But my sister and I came across this woman.
Who said that she had a special thing...for our hair...whatever she wanted, she convinced us to try it out.
Though I was unwilling because I needed to write my part of our family newsletter and send it to my mom.
But the woman had us basically tied to chairs. With our hair done up and such.
Because her intentions were....well not good.
She rubbed and placed different concoctions into hair/skin.
I was trying to write.
And decided that it wasn't going to happen.
So I was trying to figure out a way to leave my mom a message saying that I couldn't write my part after all (I had forgotten to do it earlier, she said do it later, I didn't do it 'later' as she meant but was working on it much later (the next day) and now...I was being detained from doing so. so i would have to tell her that I actually wasn't going to write one.)
So...my solution as the woman was doing stuff to my hair.
Was to try and write "Sorry Mom" in the pink frosting on a cake.
The woman was talking throughout my struggle to leave a message about side effects we might be experiencing...like not being able to see. My sister got a peculiar look in her face...
And the woman took that as an assent that she had gone blind for the moment.
That made me a bit more frantic to try and write my message in the stupid frosting
(I couldn't spell...or the frosting wouldn't clearly hold the words I was trying to write)
Before I went blind.
Finally I gave up...and decided to send a text message instead.
Then there I was...stuck with the woman messing with my hair.
She had most of it up on top of my head.
And was taking a razor to the back of my head. Cutting it short.
And she was massaging the back of my head as if she were trying to get the sutures between the occipital bone and the parietal bone to...cross hatch. To get them to over lap like jagged teeth...because apparently that was part of the ritual.
Which seemed to be to try and turn us into some other creature...like wolves.


Like the four wolves that had been tossed into a horse trailer. (they were as big as horses it seemed like...okay perhaps a little smaller but they were pretty big.)
We left them there and went running into the castle.
Dumbledore, myself and Neville Longbottom.
We were trying to avoid the corrupt council of magicians but our group (there were more then just the three of us) kept getting smaller as more members...basically died.
The castle had a...sickly neon green glow to it...and at one point we passed by a...niche with strings of people who were dead hanging from them. -miniaturized and like a bust of a head instead of the whole figure.
We ended up being captured by the bad guys...and taken through a series of secret passages into a room with a bunch of obsidian knives.
I knew that there was one knife among all these different ones of shapes/sizes/styles/colors, that was evil and would turn Matt down a dark path. I turned watching and Neville (Matt) sure enough went straight to a black obsidian knife with a blade similar to that of an ax, with an antler handle and picked it up.


One of the three bad guys had disappeared. Nobody could remember seeing him before the horse trailer
So we returned to it, and the woman who'd been working on me and my sisters hair. to let the wolves out.
Apparently the bad guy ended up accidentally being put in the cage as well.
There was a sense of bits of blood and we found a shrunken skull...
Well we saw the skull, with eyeballs still in it, though one of the wolves took the moment to suck the eyeball out of the socket. (it was skinless just bone and eyeballs)
One of the people grabbed the head...now palm sized and turned to me and one other person
and said "Are you sure its him?"
Then using his hands, the guy manipulated the shrunken skull, which now had skin making it round and chubby though the skin was tight to the skull. To bulge out its eyes and stick out its tongue.
The woman next to me basically burst into tears crying that it was her son. And what had I done! Why had I killed him! And I retorted that MY son had died because HER daughter had thrown a party and he'd been killed at it!


And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


Extra info.
-First part of the dream with the boys and Little house on the prairie characters...i have no idea why I dreamt about them. They seemed familiar to me...and I think that they bore resemblances to the guys my sister and i played ultimate Frisbee with on Monday for FHE. -Our team had four girls, while the other team had only guys...and our team won. So that might be the source of 'contention' the guys had in the dream.
- the Little house on the prairie part...I've seen the title as I've flipped through channels recently and I used to watch the show alot when I was younger with my mom.


-Second part with the weather...I'm thinking it was Ryan Rose, a high school friend of mine who has a weather blog that was narrating what would happen if it rained. Plus, there is a worry of flooding in my area because of the snow pack in the mountains as well as the increase in temperatures as we head into fall. So my brain was trying to come up with a solution to keep the snow pack manageable.


-Third part with the rendezvous....I haven't been to one for a month, but I tend to dream about rendezvous settings pretty often...I don't pay attention to the timing but at least once every two months or so. Mostly its because I spent alot of my elementary school years in the rendezvous world. So in a sense its like a second home to me.
-The part about not getting my part for the newsletter done. Is actually true. I had forgotten to write it yesterday, so mom told me to send it last night, but I decided to write it in the morning. Mom sent me a text this morning -waking me up before the third part. Asking if I was going to do my part. I told her yes I was, after I slept for a little longer. So that part of the dream about trying to get my part written, was in response to me sleeping for a while more and my mind getting paranoid that I wouldn't write it in time.


-The fourth part with Harry Potter.....I've been looking at a few HP things recently. Not sure why Neville came into the picture...I think its because I think of him as 'clumsy' and I needed an 'underdog' character in this adventure.
-The corrupt magician council is an idea taken from the Jouster series by Mercedes Lackey specifically book 2: Alta because that's the book I'm currently reading at the moment.
-The part about Matt and the knife. Is from the Wheel of Time series. Matt is my favorite character from those books and the part where he falls under the evil knife...is a sad part. :(
Soo....I didn't want Neville to repeat Matt's mistake..but he did it anyway. Hopefully for his benefit.
-The knives were a carry over from rendezvous where you can find obsidian knives.


-The last sequence of events.....I have no idea really where I got these from.
Though the argument about 'you killed so and so.'  'well your daughter killed my son' I think was taken from the new TV series "Switched at Birth" where two babies were switched at birth and years later they discover the switch and now have to deal with other families different from themselves.


And that...
is why the fox never came home. :)


-S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment