Thursday, June 16, 2011

Transitioning Subtitles

Last night I was watching an anime TV series -D.N. Angel. Its my favorite of the animes.
I like to watch it in Japanese with the English subtitles.

Sidetracked
-Have you noticed that if you watch cartoons in English, their foreign voices sound weird and don't work with the character? But if you watch the cartoons in say Japanese with their English subtitles, then the English version of the characters...sounds off? Yah...i watched D.N. Angel in Japanese first so that's my preferred way of viewing the movie, the characters sound really dumb in English.
Unsidetracked
Well this time around...it seemed different.
I was reading subtitles that weren't familiar to me.
It has been a while since I've seen these episodes.
But I began to wonder.
Would different DVDs/TVs give you different translations of what was being said?
Is there a way to update subtitles for movies to make it seem more current with how people speak today through our DVD devices?
Because that would be really cool! But also...not so cool at the same time if I had favorite lines I liked to see and they were no longer there, that would be saddening. :(

I don't know if the subtitles actually are different, I've seen these episodes enough time that I tend to multitask when watching them, so I don't get all the subtitles.
I'm guessing they're the same.
But still. It was a cool thought if it is actually possible to update subtitles in movies. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream

We were in a pond...on top of a pond.
But it was a disaster area.
The water used to be all bright and clear. The bluest of blues.
But now it was all disgusting. Green, moldy. toxic. unlivable.
It wasn't good to touch it. Something bad would happen.

I was making my way carefully along...
when I ended up in a playground. (a nice big plastic one with lots of doo dads and routes)
In a race. There was a big group of us, friends, family, Brandon Martindale...and my Mom were specifically there. Basically we had to take the 'zipline' -plastic version for playgrounds. And choose a route red or green. Then make our way to a 'cabin' in order to win.
My turn came up. And I grabbed the zipline. (I was racing/trying to not get touched by Brandon)
I chose to go the green...purple? route instead of the red route like everybody else had been taking.
(My mom was on my team by the by)
But I was having problems seeing. I think I 'hit' my head on an overhead beam as I raced. because it was hard to talk, and to see..my vision was blurry.
I saw a map, that had the locations of the different camps I could go find.
-They were under the different platforms. Like the ones you stand on while waiting to get on the slide.
There were two camps I could go to in order to be considered 'safe'
One was "Jaff Cabin" and then there was another one.
I chose to find Jaff because I thought the name was cooler.
I never did find it though. :( I couldn't seem to apply the map I'd seen to the reality in front of me.

But I ran out onto the street. Because my group and I were trying to drum up business for our store...a competing chain had opened up around the corner, and we were struggling to get customers.
I was waiting on a residential street. Pretending to punch and kick a barrier that had styrofoam protection for the metal/cement beams holding the barrier.
I'd seen other people hitting it earlier.
It was fun to hit the barrier though I was careful I didn't want to get hurt.
I did a few kicks where I'd strike out with one foot, twist and hit the soft protection with my other foot.
The guy watching me thought I was pretty cool ;)
And then, as if out of the mist. a man came. An older Indian man with a bag over his shoulder. (he reminded me of Jacob's dad in the Twilight movies) It was the guy we were waiting for. I and my group were very hopeful that he could help us save my business.
He set up a square...it was basically poles and wire/string with a bunch of different trinkets on it. Beaded things, glass squares, Indian type decorations.
The reasoning? Well...it was a game.
I was 'Satan' everybody else had to stop me. I had to stop them from stopping me.
But we didn't know how to stop 'me'. Basically the Indian dude said "Hook them together." Meaning using the different clasps holding the items to the string, we need ed to hook the items together.
So I started moving around the square hooking different feathers, beads and such in pairs.
Then I realized...perhaps I didn't want them being hooked together. I had the thought that I didn't want them to connect five together. Because that would mean that I had lost.
So I tried unhooked a few, distracted others from their task of hooking.
But one person got Five together. :(
Lucky me. :) it wasn't the correct number.
We all were confused so we asked for help.
The Indian didn't want to tell us the answer.
But he did let it slip that we needed seven not five.
So everyone began working again.
And it became a sort of art project. I 'helped' by pointing people to items hanging on the string that were further away from them to make them waste time.
But none of them were right.
A few people would go up to the Indian guy to see if they'd gotten the right pattern. Nope.
Then there was a knock on the door.
And this guy came in with a bunch of arrows and stakes in his arms.
I panicked. This was not what I wanted. So I pushed him back outside shutting the door. hoping that nobody had seen.
Why? Well, the key to me 'loosing' was to place the arrows/stakes on my body. (like staking a vampire) So I was part of the equation. They needed to include me and the arrows/stakes in me in order to win.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

Extra Info.
-I was at the park the other day playing on a zipline.
-I noticed yesterday that my friend Brandon Martindale is coming home from his mission soon.
-I had been thinking about a water fall and a pond before I went to sleep (story idea)
-I spent the past week near Indian ruins and such.
-Also watched Eclipse recently from the twilight saga.

And that is why
the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment