Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Printer Vendetta

Have you ever realized....that the printer is out to get you?
To make you late? to make you suffer, and plead and beg that it does its job right for once?
Especially if you're on a time deadline?
Yah...
Today that happened.
I needed to print off a bunch of papers...copies of the same thing. For myself and Kikay.
I was under a bit of a time deadline so I decided to speed up the process.
-I was printing double sided to save paper.
And before this point, I'd always printed one copy at a time.
This time, I decided to print four copies and see if that would work.
I figured it would, I didn't see why it couldn't...the printer is pretty smart after all. :)
And yah...it worked.
Until the last set of copies was being double sided. >.<
For some reason, three of the pages decided to "stick it out together and survive this torment."
Which meant for me...that they survived...but I had to reprint one more copy of my paper
since page 2 was now on page 5. And that wouldn't work.
So I hit reprint...
and unfortunately...I thought it had reset back to only 'one copy' No. It did three...without me realizing it.
The printer distracted me because I realized that I was almost out of paper and I needed to find some more.
Well...I couldn't find any more printer paper. :( We were out...or else it'd gone into hiding...but basically we were out.
And I turned away to find...that three copies had been made instead of one.
With all the rest of the paper...gone. It had used up everything in doing that!
So what did I have to do?
Let Kikay borrow the computer (its hers after all since mine is still on vacation)
While I went to the store to get some paper.
.
..
...
....
...
..
.
I returned triumphant with printer paper!
Only...the laptop was in the middle of intense creative use by Kikay.
And time...was ticking by. The deadline coming closer and closer...
I ended up calling and extending the deadline by half an hour.
Waiting....I waited for forever!
But finally. I was able to print!
>.< but the printer was being dumb again.
I placed the unfinished copy on top of a stack of brand new printer paper to double side that side.
And....the printer decided to eat the copy. >.< I had to tear the paper from its clenched ink teeth.
Ruining it >.<
At that point...I gave up on reprinting Kikay's paper. And she ended up with one copy that was all single sided.
Then it was my turn for the copies I needed printed.
:) And luckily, the printer behaved itself. ^^
The deadline was met!
Woot!!

lol...I halfway think my printer has a vendetta against Kikay.
Something seems to go wrong whenever she needs to print.
Whether its running out of ink.
Or printing weird so the ink faded in or out when the cartridge was full.
Or the situations mentioned above. :) lol
Perhaps my printer isn't used to working so often. (once a week.)
We haven't had to print this much in a while and I think its throwing a fit. lol.
Against Kikay...for which I'm grateful.
After all...the printer is in my room, I'd rather it not be mad at me. ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


Me and my friend Casey were nearby the college grounds.
In a forest. There was a house on the side of the hill.
It was supposedly haunted.
The house was run down, made out of dark wood.
My brother, Meralto, had taken a picture of the house
and in the photo apparently were ghostly images of children praying.
So Casey and I decided to go explore.
As we were approaching the haunted house along the side.
A man...wearing dark robes and his face painted white like a skeleton came out of the woods.
He had a woman...with him...she was like an 'igor' type person.
We were going to stand up to the man.
But he did something.
And suddenly...I think Casey became a dragon. A black dragon.
Or he was suddenly over on a brighter hill top with all his friends.
Perhaps it was both...no I think Casey was just over on a hill top with his friends.
But I was terrified because a black dragon came into this somehow..
Perhaps Casey was both dragon and human...hmmmm
Anyway I took off running not wanting to meet the same dragon fate as Casey did.
I kept calling to him. Trying to get him to hear me.
But he was..singleminded in his cause..whatever cause the skeleton faced man put him up to.
Yet I knew, if I could just get into the shadows I'd be safe. The shadows of the other tree tops.
Which I did. I crouched down in a small set of shadows left by a mysteryvan type car.
And suddenly Casey was himself again.
He came down the hill to see if I was alright.
But his concern seemed....shallow. Like he didn't really believe that anything was wrong.
Hurt. I let him go back to his friends, and moving to another shadow made by a tree...
sat....feeling hurt.
Until I heard some music.
And I was suddenly in a hotel room with my family.
It was dark and I was trying to pack up my things...different tools and such without waking the others.
But they woke up and started packing as well.
And we set out on a hike.
In the forest.
Following the music.
It was the Institute Choir singing songs from a program they put on last semester.
They led us to a green spot next to some water.
I don't think it was safe to go into the water, yet people did...


and then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment