Sunday, September 30, 2012

A New Calling

God has a sense of humor.

You see....
I got a text last night from the First Counselor.
Asking if I could meet with him this morning.
I said yes.
And I knew what that meant.
If the Bishopric needed to talk to me for any other reason they would have just called.
Yep. I was going to get a calling.

I was right.
My calling.
To be on the Education/Career Committee.

Reaction:
1) I've never heard of this calling!
2) Where was this calling when I was looking for a job?!

Okay. So I had heard of the calling. It was mentioned like once back when I was twelve in my home ward.

So what is this calling?
I'm supposed to help create a network in our ward where we basically get 'people with jobs, to talk with people who don't have jobs' so that everyone can get jobs.
Basically we have people in our ward talk to us when they know of job openings and we can post them somewhere so the people who don't have jobs can get jobs. We're also supposed to post when job fairs and writing resume classes are.
Basically....I help people get work.
And some help with education. Like scholarships or financial aid that is available.

I find this rather Ironic.
Because I just got a job a month ago.
So I guess  you could say that I'm "fresh from the job hunt"
And I know what to 'look for'

Yet I feel rather inadequate.
As I kinda stumbled around in darkness figuring out what to do.

Like....forcing myself to 'boast' on my job applications when I'm more likely to be humble about it.

So, yes. God has a sense of humor.
Giving me a calling I wish I'd known about earlier and gotten help from.
I guess that means I'll be a better co chair.
As I knew the heart ache and trial of putting in applications to hear no response for ages and ages.

Ready or Not.
Here I go!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

I was in a sort of Shanty Town. Trying to keep low and not get noticed. As we were still hiding my father from harm, as the law was looking for him. Why? Because he knew how to do something, to make the world better, but nobody was ready for it yet.
However, danger had come. People were dying. The electricity was out.
And a guy asked to see my dad.
He knew about our secret room and the extra footage and electricity we were using. 15 extra feet.
A metal plate like a bed lowered us to another room in the basement.
Where my father was.
I was curious to meet this man I hadn't seen in forever.
He looked like Robin Williams with longer black hair.
He looked like he'd been hiding for a while.
Only...it seemed like soon after,
My parents perished.
A group of us survivors sat in the basement.
I was reeling from the heart tearing loss.
And tried to get the group to sit down and talk about what we were going to do next.
But nobody was focusing.
And I gave up.
And left to mourn about our failure.

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment