Friday, September 21, 2012

My Dearest Sadie

Oh how my heart shudders in the wind.
For another loved one's gone again.
 
As many good stories start....they had a bad beginning.
My bad beginning happened two days before my birthday.
My Jack Russell Terrier Wishbone had died.
And two months later...I was still in mourning.
I was like 9 years old.
There I sat, in the backyard with our beagle mix Tela underneath the maple tree.
And my dad came out and sat with me and Tela.
He said that we could get another dog if I wanted one.
I agreed to it.
And we got out my dog book.
I'd gone through it many times as I was a bet obsessed with dogs at that point in my life.
So I turned to my favorite page and said:
"I want this dog."
Pointed to a picture.
It was of a Papillon.
 
And so our search began.
We looked in the newspaper.
And saw an add for a papillon for sell.
So we got the address and went,
all the while planning to go to a shelter afterwards to adopt a dog there if we could.
 
And this sweet two year old dog came up to us.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is Sadie.
 
Though she had a different name back then.
It was 'Smally" or "Shorty"
As I had a hard time remembering which one it was...
the name didn't really stick.
 
Anyway, the owners of her were selling her,
because they had an older dog with alot of health problems that they were focusing on.
Which meant that Sadie was getting neglected and they didn't want her to be neglected.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anyway, long story short.
The owners saw that we would take really good care of Sadie.
and so they let us have her for a steal.
$50.
Needless to say I was excited!
My new doggie!
That we soon renamed Sadie so I could actually remember her name. :)
 
And she's been with us ever since.
Going with us on many a car trip.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To many different vacations and hiking areas.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She was such a great and wonderful dog that we ended up getting another Papillon.
Our hyper puppy Pepper. Who cost waaaay more then Sadie did lol :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't quite know how well Pepper is taking Sadie's passing.
Pepper was just a puppy when we got her. 6 months at the most.
And she's been around with Sadie her whole life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sadie was such an awesome doggie
Though she didn't really like having her picture taken.
Lol she would give me this face most of the time. 

 
 
 
 
 



Right before she'd turn away and run and hide from the camera click.
 
But years pass by.
And unfortunately poor Sadie became deaf and blind and had a couple strokes.
Especially that last one.
So she hasn't been doing too good for the past couple of years. 

Yet she made a friend. :)
Whisker ^^
 
 
Who adopted Sadie like a grandmother.
He was there with her in the end.
 
Though before that point my Mom, Dad, Pepper, and our cat Flare also showed concern for her.
Yet our Loyal Sadie didn't want to pass on while my parents were around.
She only went after my parents had gone inside.
Whisker by her side.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I could have been there.
Last night.
Kikay and I had talked about going home Thursday night as neither of us had work or school Friday.
That way we'd have a day up at home before driving to my cousin's funeral.
Yet...things happened.
And Kikay and I ended up hanging with Kah.
Having one of the best roommate nights in a while.
We took Kah to Texas Roadhouse for the first time,
and watched movies after.
Laughing all the while.
And I think...that is how Sadie wanted it to be.
It was already going to be a hard weekend.
And she wanted us to have a moment of happiness.
To start the weekend off on a positive note.
Instead of sitting anxiously next to her worrying about whether she would pass away.
She wanted us to be Happy. :)
 
Still.
Dearest Sadie.
We will miss you even though you're in a better place.
Home seems emptier without you there with  Pepper.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment