Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Strange Visitor

So there we were doing a game night.
When I saw some strange furry type insect walking on by.
It looked like a spider.
But a fuzz ball as well.
As I could only see the body.
The legs were so skinny.
I lost sight of the creature in the midst of the game.
As I couldn't find a glass jar quick enough before it disappeared.
But at the end of the night.
When everyone was gone.
I found a jar.
Saw the bug on the wall
And trapped a creature that looked like this:
 


What is this creature?
A "House Centipede"
Who woulda thunk it. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was sitting on the couch in the living room in front of the window of my neighbor's home. My cousin Steph and her daughter Cas were on the couch with me as well. We were talking about this and that but I got distracted with what was outside. The sky had gotten super black and cloudy. Like there was a big storm was hanging over us. But I wasn't as focused as that, as it looked like the mountain was on fire. It was glowing bright red and I could hear sounds like fireworks sizzling through the air. And things were sizzling through the air, sparking like a sparkler in reds. These lava colored objects came flinging from the sky into our neighborhood. One of the things landed on our neighbor Riva's front porch and basically bounced back and forth in her doorway threatening to cause fire which would be bad because her house was stocked full of paper products and it could go up in flames at any moment. One of the men...either my dad or Duane dashed over there to put the fire out as more debris landed in our yard. One huge ball of what looked to be roofing tiles landed against the bushes of the red brick home we were in and started a fire that needed to be put out as well. Cousin Stephanie was in a panic because her husband Aaron had taken their little boy down the street to watch all the action and she thought that they were in danger. The 'storm' passed quickly enough and we all ventured outside to see the damage. Wires wrapped in rocks were found in the trailer between the neighbors and my parents home. A couple of the lamp posts outside our yard had been totally severed by the debris and fallen to the pavement. Throughout the whole incident I was trying to figure out why it had happened. Everything looked like what a volcano would toss out of its exploding top, (but looked like pieces of homes) but there were no volcanoes nearby. I also had the thought that maybe Mom was right when she said years ago that all the homes on the hill above us were going to burn, yet when I looked up to those hills there was nothing out of place. It looked like the homes hadn't been touched. I got distracted though as another danger faced us. Attacks. But it was like a game as well where you were the werewolf and you needed to attack as many people as you could to keep them safe and alive. If you didn't many people would die. So I ran about scratching people so that would live, but I ended up becoming a target of some government organization. I was walking on rollers with saws on them that were chopping wood trying to not get chopped. I asked if I could come down repeatedly but the boss guys kept telling me no. Finally I ignored them and jumped away from the blades and ran. I grabbed a couple of guys clothes and rushed into a guys bathroom a few hallways away...with a guy in there but he was in a stall so I took a different stall and changed my clothes and made my appearance look more boyish. I had short red hair that I covered with a cap and wore a heavy green jacket. I met up with Freddy and a couple of my other friends to go to our classes where I chose to sit in the back where I wouldn't be recognized as easily though it was difficult to find a seat as many of them were mashed together so you would have to climb over others to get to your seat. Freddy was suspicious of me as I didn't look exactly like our old elementary friend John, but there wasn't much I could do. After class ended I took off running to lose the guys who were after me. I skidded into my bedroom grabbing what I could in preparation to leave our home and it was difficult to decide what I needed to take with me and if our house was destroyed what I wouldn't mind leaving behind. I had already packed a bunch of stuff into my small green bag earlier so I was wandering around my room checking to see if I missed anything. I grabbed up my green cased scriptures, a couple other odds and ends and while I was rearranging the stuffed animals on my bed and on the floor picked up the small stuffed Dalmatian I had named Lucky which also had a smaller stuffed animal attached to his collar. I put them in my arms and stared wistfully at the rest of the stuffed animals as I wish I had room to take them all when...

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment