Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Troy Lee Turner

My Mom's side of the family is rather large....
which means I have a ton of cousins...above 80....
And with her being the youngest of everyone....
alot of my cousins are grown with their own kids.
So needless to say...it's hard to remember everyone.
Or have memories of everyone,
since I only saw them once or maybe twice a year.
As everyone lives in different parts of the country.
And not every cousin shows up to our family gatherings.

I lost one of those cousins last night.

I didn't know him well,
Frankly I can only remember one specific visit that my family took to his place.
As I had pretty recently figured out how to juggle three balls at girls camp.
So I was in the 14-16 year old range I think.
I don't remember the reason for the visit.
But it came out that this cousin I didn't really know
Also knew how to juggle.
He tried to teach me how to juggle between two people in his small living room space.
lol I couldn't quite get it, but I appreciated his efforts in trying to teach me. :)

But during our visit.
He gave me these hacky sacks to juggle




















I don't really remember the reasons why he let me have these three hacky sacs.
Yet I'm extremely grateful that he let me have them.
:)
They are my favorite things to juggle.
And I often will remember that he gave them to me.
Especially when people ask where I got them from.

I learned alot of tricks from practicing with those three.
It's quite entertaining to work out how to use the different colors
to make juggling more fun.
As you can actually follow which balls go where,
which isn't always the case when you have the same colored objects to juggle.

It's not much to remember my cousin by when it comes to memories.
But his small gift has given me years of experiences
That I probably wouldn't have gotten if I didn't have these sacs in my possession.
They whittled away breaks inbetween classes from High School and even through College as I practiced and of course 'showed off' to my friends, teachers, and classmates. lol :)

Thanks again for that gift Troy.
I don't know if I ever adequately expressed my appreciation to you when I got them,
but I really appreciate your gift now.
As I have something to always remember you by.

Rest in Peace Cous.

We'll miss you.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment