Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Give Me Your Heads!

In the words of Wreck it Ralph:
"When did games get so violent?"

The other night I was exposed to a new board game.
It's called "Shootin Ladders" or something like that.
The premise of the game?
The gingerbread men from Candy Land have escaped their game and have taken over the board game Shoots and Ladders.
Your goal? To be the last man standing.  
Every player has a gingerbread man that moves within the boundaries of the Shoots&Ladders game. Along the way you can pick up ammo, gear, and weapons in which you use to attack the other gingerbread on the board -by rolling the dice.
You roll the dice to move and also to find out which part of the body you attack.
Each die has different candies on it which represent the legs, arms, chest, and head.
If one part gets hit three times -say the left leg- then the opponent who hit you gets to tear away the paper ginger bread man's left leg in your position.
Once all of your pieces -legs, arms, chest, and head are gone you loose and the person who takes your last piece gets everything you had gear/ammo/weapons.
The last player on the board wins the game. :)

Apparently there are other ways to play. Like Capture the Flag. Or Heads (where you try and collect the most ginger bread heads), or Free for all (what I played) There are many variations.

In the end... I won the game. :)
Heh...some days its helpful to be the quiet one as people tend to forget that you're also playing. ;) lol

Still I have to wonder....why are games getting so violent?
I mean the relatively peaceful game of Shoots and Ladders has been morphed into a warzone for gingerbread men.
Strange. So strange.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Kikay and I were going from apartment complex to apartment complex as she was searching for a new place to live. We were along a 'beach' font with water and sand, but the water even though it had waves was just like a big pond with a small island in it. We went into various apartments/ sorities but Kikay was unhappy with most of them. We went into one apartment that was full of knickknacks and foreign items from different countries. The girls seemed nice enough though I wasn't that impressed with the situation, Kikay seemed like she was wanting to go live there when her contract was up. I climbed up to a balcony area in the apartment and found a kitten there. I was stroking it and the director liked what he was seeing and wanted me to continue petting the kitten while he filmed it. It was a bit odd that I was suddenly in the movie. Things weren't all sunshine and daisies as I was under a 'contract' and had to do what I was told to do. It seemed like i was being made to do the movie against my will when...

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment