Monday, September 10, 2012

April 1991 General Conference Priesthood Session

More Conference Highlights!! :) So much fun. ^^

L. Tom Perry -Called to Serve
  • You will be much more comfortable with the interview with your bishop if he is already your friend.
  • In my mind I made a commitment to myself that I would always live worthy to pass an interview held with one of my priesthood leaders.
  • I do not want to leave you with the impression that you will not have any hard times, because you will. And that is where growth comes.
J. Richard Clarke -"To Honor the Priesthood"
  • No greater honor or blessing can come to man than the authority to act in the name of God.
  • The power of the priesthood comes gradually. Even our Savior had to master the flesh and grow "grace for grace" until He received a fullness.
  • "Son, I know; I'm sorry. But really, I'm no worse than anyone else."
  • The son replies, "Dad I know; but I thought you were better."
  • Any film, television show, music, or printed material unfit for youth is also unfit for parents.
  • "'Be ... as perfect as [you] can,' for that is all we can do. ... The sin .. is [not doing] as well as [you know] how."
  • We expect a lot from our Aaronic Priesthood brethren, and, properly trained, they seldom disappoint us.
Jacob De Jager -Change
  • "Behind every great man stands a great woman."
  • "Behind every great man in the Church stands a surprised mother-in-law"
  • "Am I giving enough attention and time to personal change, which will make me a better person in the eyes of the Lord?"
  • When we really understand, accept, and commit ourselves to these priesthood duties, we prepare ourselves for a miraculous change with eternal consequences.
  • Repentance is change, conversion is change, perfecting is change. All this is in complete harmony with the desires of our Heavenly Father and the loving pleadings of the Redeemer.
  • The book is to be feasted upon, not nibbled.
  • Our Heavenly Father has made the promise that He will put a new spirit in people and "take the stony heart out of their flesh."
Jack H Goaslind -"Yagottawanna"
  • "Yagottawanna," he said, "means that you have to want to do something before you will do it." Of course I knew that all along, but it was good to hear him say it.
  • Isn't it wonderful that we can trust our Father in Heaven to do what he says he will do?
  • When we take something into our hearts, it usually means that we feel something.
  • How many of you have heard an inspiring thought, hymn, or story, and then had a desire to go do something good? This is not unusual; it is a healthy, spiritual feeling that is essential to our progress. But how often have you followed through on those feelings?
  • "Our feelings  were given us to excite to action, and when they end in themselves, they are cherished to no good purpose."
  • Once we have felt something, we must act in order to hold on to those feelings we experience.
  • "The more often [a person] feels without acting, the less he will be able ever to act, and, in the long run, the less he will be able to feel."
  • Youth with sincere desires take initiative. They do good things without waiting to be told.
  • They act rather than wait to be acted upon. They are in control of themselves. Such control is a wonderful feeling. It is a feeling we get when we exercise one of our most precious gifts--that of free agency.
  • "The things that matter most must not be at the mercy of the things that matter least."
  • Proper worship illustrates how "Yagottawanna" works. For example, how many of you have assumed the "bored position" during sacrament meeting? You know the position: bent forward at the waist, chin resting on hands, elbows on knees, staring vacantly at the floor. Has it occurred to you that it is your choice whether the meeting is interesting or not?
Thomas S. Monson -A Royal Priesthood
  • There is a look of determination about you. You know who you are and what God expects you to become.
  • He "went about doing good ... for God was with him."
Gordon B. Hinckley -The State of the Church
 -This was a great talk based on the state of the church as the title says :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Kikay and I were packing. I think we were heading home as the room looked a bit like a typical hotel room with double beds. We gathered our stuff though alot of Kikay's jewelry fell to the floor I thought I had grabbed them all. Turned out I hadn't. When we got back home Kikay discovered that she was missing her favorite necklace among other positions that we hadn't packed in our hurry to get back home. I think she went off to go get her stuff, but I was dealing with a different type of trouble. I was in my brother's room in the basement. And I kept seeing spiders all over the place. Small ones at first but as I went between his room, the storage room and the downstairs bathroom the signs of the spiders got more apparent. More visible. The silk threads of their webs shone in the dim light. And the spiders got bigger as well. One was like a crab and white, it was super creepy and I was getting more creeped out, but I had a bit of trouble getting out of these rooms as there were a group of...homeless vampire type people a mother and two boys -like from Pete's Dragon there wanting to take over our home. I knew that they weren't going to be the best tenants as they were letting the place get filthy -hence all the spiders- so I was staying to convince them to leave as they did have a healthy fear of spiders when...

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment