Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Another Route of Contact

My sister has been without a phone for the past couple of days.
Which apparently has been very relaxing for her....
but not so relaxing for me, lol.
I hadn't realized how often I do contact Kikay...
though contacting her hasn't totally been necessary.
It seems like it...at least the past two days.

You see....I find it pointless to drive anywhere for a half hour lunch break.
But since I have to clock out to have that lunch break...I don't really want to be at work...when I'm not being paid to be there.
So I take my lunch breaks in the car, eating out there and maybe getting in a quick nap.
Well yesterday...
I left my keys in the car.
And I'd locked it automatically when I left.
Only to realize when I went to clock back in....that my keys were no where to be found.
Of course I was going back to work...and I thought the doors were locked.
And Kikay, who has the other set of keys.....didn't have her phone.
So I went the circular route.
And texted Kah to tell Kikay that I locked my keys in the car, and hopefully Kah would be able to give her a quick ride up there.
Which did happen.
Only when Kikay walked in the door, she gave me this weird look of "You know the passenger door was unlocked right?"
O.o Uh... no. As I was inside and back at work...and I'd thought I'd locked that door.
lol ^^;;; oops.

Then today....
I dropped the car off at the school so Kikay could get back home quicker so she would have time to eat dinner before heading to work.
I realized in class....that Kikay wouldn't have any idea where the car was...as I usually text her the location.
Now, I knew that she could wander through the parking lot just fine, but that might take valuable time in searching for our car...especially if I had to park in outer darkness.
Luckily I managed to find a spot in the main parking lot.
As I sat in class....an idea came to me.
You see Kikay has an institute class later in the day.
I knew who the teacher was. What time it was taught.
What if....I just passed a note along?
After all...I'd had that happen to me before. Where I walk into class and the teacher has a note waiting for me.
Soo I went to the office and asked two questions.
"Where is Bro. H's office?"
"And can I have a sticky note?"
Bro. H wasn't in his office....
which put a slight damper on my plan....
Until Sis. B offered to give the note to Bro H from me.

So happily I wrote:

Hey Kikay,
The car is in the head, between the ear and neck.
-Sarnic

I gave the note to Sis. B.
And went home.

lol Kikay came home later that day -having successfully gotten the note and found the car.
And said that Bro H had walked into the class room and asked.
"Is there a Kikay in here?"
Kikay raised her hand...though Bro H didn't see her right away... lol he was expecting someone else to raise their hand.
But Kikay confirmed it was her.
So Bro H gave the note to Kikay.
She glanced at it and thought 'Oh cool!" and didn't think anything more of it.
Until Bro H asked her.
"This note is for you right?"
"Right."
"Interesting name your sister has...how do you pronounce it?"
lol Kikay hadn't realized that I'd signed my name Sarnic.
-I hadn't written her name as Kikay either, thought about it, but I wanted the note to get to her.
So she said "Oh yah, it's my sister's codename."
"Oh...you aren't a secret agent or something right?"

lol. ^^;;
I had purposely written the note so Kikay could understand it, but unless they others knew our code...it wouldn't make sense.
I did a post about it a while ago.
Where we paired different areas of the parking lot into the head, neck, stomach, legs, and feet.
That way we wouldn't have to say "Oh it's near the institute, second row third stall..."
I could have just left the note with "The car is in the head." if I'd wanted to and Kikay would have found it pretty quickly.

lol at least I could raise a couple of eyebrows today with Sis B and Bro H. haha :)
Twas fun to do something random, and still get my message across so that Kikay could find the car. :)

It's actually quite entertaining to find different ways to get messages to Kikay while she is without her phone...though hopefully I don't need to be creative again before Kikay's phone arrives.
We'll have to see :) lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I remember a lady coming up to me in Starsmet. She said "It's my dog's birthday. Aren't you going to sing to her?" I thought that was a rather odd request to make...I mean I know restaurants will sing a happy birthday song to you on your birthday...but to a dog? At Starsmet?

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment