Saturday, September 8, 2012

Moving Words

Do you remember way back when I gave an overall impression of Eragon?
How I complained about there being waayy to many thens?
Well....Kikay is reading the series now....and she says she's only seen one then.
()_()
How is this possible?!
I ran to the book and thought "Here I'll just open it to one page and BAM! I'll show her how many there are!"
I did.
No go.
Not one single then.
O.o
I tried again.
Not one single then.
>.<
Obviously the words moved.

The Then's are now in hiding.
Waiting for the next time they're called into action when I open up that book.

Have you ever wondered that?
Wondered if the words on a page subtly shift around while they're sitting on your book shelf closed for who knows how long,
so that when you finally open the book you think to yourself 'huh...I don't remember reading ______"
It's like the post with subtitles.
I still think the subtitles change around too and use different phrases after enough time has passed.
I've often wondered if the same thing happens in books.
Or if I just tend to get hyper focused on certain things while reading.

....I'm going to go with the words moving.
It's so much more logical ;) haha jk jk

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Some dreams are just odd....this one...was definitely odd. So, there I was in my parents driveway. Doing something or another...I think I was working with an animal...a cat or dog or something. And I looked at my arm. There, minuscule, like the size of a small splinter...I could see a small black wiggling shape. A small worm. That had somehow gotten into my flesh and was in my arm. I tried to pinch it out, but it was a no go. It kept moving around like a small flea but it was a worm and wouldn't let me catch it. My mom was there and she suggested that I use a needle to get the creature out. I was trying. If I could poke it with a needle then the needle would basically suck this worm from my left arm out of it. Yet the worm, was being difficult and it seemed to be larger too with a large sack hanging off of it. It was attached to my arm. It was disgusting. but I also caught sight of another mini black pencil line thin worm as well, but that wasn't my main concern. No... a huge chunk of my flesh had fallen away at my wrist. It was bloody, it was red, I could see the rounded points of my ulna and radius, it almost was like my whole hand had been chopped off but it hadn't. That's how much skin fell away from my wrist area, and it seemed to have happen on both wrists. A red injury...it was scary.
Yet...something happened and I was in the double church parking lot with Kikay. We were waiting in our car for the Neffs to show up. Which they did their mom was with them and it seemed like we were all planning on going to a party....like an amusement park. But I told them that my 11:00am class started in 10 minutes and I had to get to class, but if they would wait until afterwards I would be able to come to. They agreed and I took off towards my class only to get held up time and time again. Because you see there was an elementary school inbetween my school and the churches. I walked through one of the hallways thinking that I would just get through to the other side....only to find out that I'd somehow gotten elsewhere. This was a new school and I had to be careful of getting found by the principal -who was evil- it didn't help. But I finally figured out my only option of getting through to my class was to go through these big double bronze doors...that appeared to be off limits. I glanced at my watch saw that I was already five minutes late and panicked. I ran. Yet again I was denied by other problems. By attacks. By gunfire lasers.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment