Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Doubtful Moments

I wonder if all creative people come across this problem.
Where people tell you something is great...but, you have to wonder, are they just telling you that to make you feel good? Or do they actually mean it?

Maybe it's just the creative person's own personality. The thought "Oh no, this could be sooo much better."
Yet, I think, being too close to the project, gives us a skewed perception on how good it actually is.

Like, I usually experiment with food. Mostly bread stuff, and people tell me that everything tastes great! Yet...I feel like it's...too doughy, too buttery, too salty...too whatever to mean it's actually not that great.
Did I just grab the 'wrong' piece of food, so I got the 'bad one' while everyone else got the good ones? Or am I just being sensitive because it's 'my stuff' I'm putting out there. My idea. My food. My concept. It's basically my reputation on the line, 'can I make this one as good as well?'

The same thing with stories. People say "Wow, This is really good!"
And I look at it and I'm like. O.o Really? Sure I find it entertaining to read, but did it really 'put you on the edge of your seat' as you read it? Or are you just saying that?

Really. I love the compliments, the feel goodness.
I just need to convince myself that what people say is real. It does taste good, it is fun to read.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on a trip, to a national monument, and my family and I were driving along a windy road with mountains on one side and a series of canyons on the other, when my sister noticed that some of the rocks were shimmering like a rainbow. There were a series of flat crystals along the cliff faces and when the sunlight hit them a certain way, they reflected in shimmering colors. Some had the full rainbow -which I couldn't quite manage to catch a picture of - Others only showed one color. Like blue. I was able to find the shimmering blue quite easily. We ended up walking through the national park, pausing at an old lamppost place that had a shimmer of blue above it, but it suddenly became a contest. To rule. To win. Good guys against bad guys. Loki and Thor were battling for control over the shiny objects, running through the haunted mansion/partial store place, desperate to get the upper hand, They were able to run on walls, the ceilings, just like they were on regular ground, but. the Villains were winning, they were gaining control of the crystal shards...

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment