Friday, March 28, 2014

Surprise! It's Strangers

Stress.
It can come in a variety of ways, places and in probably the most inopportune times.
Usually when I'm like "I need to be having fun!"
And the stress caused headache is like "Nah, totally go to bed. You need to avoid this sort of thing."

But, I discovered something about myself.
In that I don't like being 'surrounded by strangers.'
Yet, it's more specific than that.
It's the "I don't like being surrounded by strangers when I'm not expecting to be surrounded by strangers."

You see, earlier this month when I went to Brandon Sanderson's signing...totally was expecting the crowds and crowds of people that I had no idea who they were. It was actually more of a surprise to run into someone I actually knew than to be surrounded by people I didn't know. But because I expected it, I was fine with it. I knew what to do, knew that I would be shy. Hoped that I would find someone to talk to in the meantime, but had prepared possible alternatives in case I didn't so that I wouldn't find myself watching the clock wishing time would go by faster.

Yah. What happened wasn't like that.
No, I expected this event to be a group of friends.
With a some strangers termed "significant others." so you know...couples joining us.

That wasn't what I found at this event.
No, it was like four people I knew, and a ton of strangers I had no idea who they were.

And apparently I didn't like that. I didn't like unexpectedly being surrounded by a bunch of people where I was like "I have no idea who these people are."
I tried to fight off the stress by being like "Oh this person reminds me of this person."
Didn't help.
The stress came. With it the tension. With it the headache.
And so...it wasn't nearly as 'fun' as I'd been hoping this event was going to be, because I wasn't feeling well....and I hardly knew anyone there.

Which would have been the best moment to make new friends.
But because I wasn't feeling well.....meant that I wasn't talkative, and meant that I did more observing than watching as I tried to get my headache to go away with out success.

Yah....for a person who likes surprises.....I don't like having a ton of surprise people come to something......

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: Post written on Saturday due to events specified more clearly in Saturday's Post which made me unable to post on the day this was supposed to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment