Saturday, March 22, 2014

Wakey Wakey

It wasn't a very restful night.
Sleeping with my puppy and my kitty....can be an adventure and a half.
Whining, purring, barking, scratching....
They did a great job of waking me up every couple of hours or so it seemed like.
Which was bad...cus I was trying to get a good night's sleep for my eyes so that they'd be nice and rested for their appointment for the eye doctor this morning.
Ha. I got rest, it just wasn't consistent rest, or restful rest.
Especially about an hour or so before my alarm was supposed to go off to wake me up for my appointment.
Because work called.
Yah. Gotta love that. It's like 9 times out of 10 that whenever I head home....work ends up calling to see if I can come in early.
Yep, that was exactly why they called.
Apparently the opening coworker for my department was injured -not at work- and couldn't come in -as fixing it involved being put under anesthesia....
And I was the next person scheduled to come in, only that was like two hours after the store opened.
Bad. Very bad.
So they wanted to see if I could come in earlier.
Which....I couldn't.
For one I've been trying for the past month or so to get in to see the eye doctor for my eyes. And I finally was able to work things out so that I could! -Totally involves the doc coming in a little earlier in order to see me first....such an early hour.
and for two, I was totally an hour away from work. So I couldn't quite make it down there like in ten minutes or something.

But I did my best. I gave a guesstimate of when I would be done with the doctors and about when I could get down there. In the meantime...luckily there was another coworker who knew how to open my department, and could work on doing so until I could get there.

As yah, I'm that sort of person where I'll willingly jump in to help if I can make it, or wherever I could.
Which meant, that once my appointment with the eye doctor was over,
I raced back down to work, getting there about twenty minutes after the store opened.
Woot the day was saved!
By my coworker really, they managed to open nearly all of the department without me. :) Which was a huge stress relief for me. As I didn't have to try and open stuff while dealing with customers.
In any case, I came in an hour and a half earlier than I had expected to when I went to bed last night.
But that meant.
I could leave early! Woot! ^^ Benefits to earlier starts. ^^;;

So all in all, it's been a pretty good day. I finally got to see the Eye Doc, and got to leave work earlier than expected! Yay!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Unsurprisingly enough involved work. My manager Dot was showing me all these test and such that I hadn't completed because I hadn't been to work yesterday, and apparently yesterday was the day to do all the tests, and he kept pulling out more and more papers to have me go throughout the store and fill out.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment