Friday, March 14, 2014

Flirting with the Line

Okay...work...pulled one over on me.
I'd thought that this week, I'd be fine covering a coworker's shift, right?
Ha.
That was because I was basing my expectations on what had been the norm of my schedule for the past few weeks.
But if there's anything I can count on in work, it would be it's inconsistency. Sure, what's the same for a long time in a row, obviously won't be the same when I expect it to be the same.
Really, I'd thought I had three or four hours to spare this week.
Ha, until I looked at my schedule and saw my actual hour count.
Three or four hours?
How about half an hour.
O.o
Yah, I had been flirting with my capstone way more than I thought I was.
And now, having worked an extra four hour shift I really didn't have time for....
I have the fun challenge of figuring out how to 'lose' some hours, so that I'm not, crazily over the capstone.

Again, I thought that would be no big deal. Just leave early, come in later, and/or take longer lunches.
It seemed to be working out perfectly as I struck out on plan 'Ah! Get Rid of Hours!'
Of course, when things seem to work out, they don't work out.

I managed to shave down half an hour the other day. Which was great, considering that scheduling was tight enough I couldn't wiggle anything more from that day.
And then....
my coworker didn't show up when they were scheduled to show up.
:S And their scheduled time to show up, was right as I needed to leave.
Seriously, very limited wiggle room that day.
A quick text to them, showed...they thought they'd worked later that day.
Waaay later that day, like three hours later in the day. :S
-You gotta hate it when somehow you write your schedule down wrong....it ends up being really stressful.
Luckily, they were able to get there lickety split.
But that half hour I'd 'saved?'
Yah, went to the half hour later I had to stay that day.
*sighs* Well...best laid plans can only go so well.

Here's to having the rest of my attempts to reduce some of my hours go as planned! :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment