Friday, March 7, 2014

Head in a Book

You know a book is good....when it feels like you're going through withdrawals when you have to put it down.
Seriously. It happens.
You put the book down, to go do something else...and you just can't stop thinking about it. Sometimes you find yourself shaking just because you have to find out what happens next in the climatic moment you left. Your mind runs wild with possibilities, desperately trying to figure out why characters did what they did, why things happen, what's going to happen next. Gah! Totally crazy!

But for me...It's been a while since I've felt this feeling. This desperate need to know. To Know what happens next in a book. The desperate need to figure out what happens next.
Really, the last can I remember this sort of feeling was when the 7th Harry Potter book came out.

The feeling where, you think 'oh sure I can put the book down' and you do. But then you spend the night tossing, turning, dreaming, thinking just wanting to know. What happens next.

It may be that I manage to finish most books within a day. So I don't usually spend the night wondering, what happens next.

But with a thousand page book (not exaggerating) it's hard to finish such a beast within a day, especially with work obligations getting in the way. Especially with how detailed oriented this book can get. So many hints are dropped, images crafted, world building done...it's really not a book to read quickly.

And therefore, for the past three days, my mind has been abuzz with the world found in this book.

Wow. Can I just say wow? It was an awesome read, and I really wish that I could continue the story now, unfortunately, that's not going to happen anytime soon. As this book just barely came out...

Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. Well done. Totally well done. I can't wait to continue the series! :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment