Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Small Moments of Triumph

Some days I think that they key to finding happiness it the ability to have pride in the small things.
Not pride as in "Oh look I'm better then you!" but pride as in "Hey! I accomplished this Ha!"

A couple of examples I may have mentioned before would be like, getting a reluctant snake to finally eat, or creating a perfect pattern out of the different components that have to go into the hamster cages.

To go off work related topic, -but covered on my Second Thoughts blog-  there's the pride of being able to create a map of a world, to help me picture how a story works better. Or realizing that a story works better in a different time period.

There's the pride of being able to bring joy to others, to surprise others, the ability to sneak up and scare somebody either on purpose or accident.

It's the small things. The little parts that are just a sliver in your day that can totally bring a happy smile to your face. A compliment on a job well done. That sort of thing.

Soo with this long lead up,
What was I proud of today?
That I managed to play musical cages with the hamsters and get everything to work.

Lemme explain.
You see our rodent section at the store has a 'plan' to it. Where if 'everything was right in the world' all the animals would be in their specific spots planned for them. They have specific cages for that particular animal.
Of course that doesn't always happen because sometimes we sale out of some animals quicker then others. Which means every now and then I get to play 'ring around the rosie' to just try and get it back to plan.
Totally worked today. ^^
I had the time to figure it all out, to bring out animals that needed to be brought out. To move existing animals to empty cages that had their spots, to make sure combining some of the same animal together would go well.
And I did it! ^^
I felt majorly accomplished, even though it did take a bit more time then I wanted, I was able to put the animals in their spots.
Totally one of those 'I'm proud' moments. Because, it worked out, even with little snags. I managed to get it to work! :D Ha! ^^

Yep. Happy moment.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved me being at work. Doing tasks, preparing for stuff, helping customers out....

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment