Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Smoken

There's something enjoyable about sitting around a campfire.
Feeling the heat.
Hearing the crackle of the flames.
Seeing huge logs slowly get consumed into ashes, or watch as other flammable objects disappear into the fire.

It's a favorite highlight of mine whenever I'm out in nature.
Just watching the flames.
Like a sort of meditation really.

But.
There is one thing I don't like about sitting by a campfire.
The fact that I smell like campfire afterwards. >.<

There's just something about it, where the smell of smoke in my hair,
is a recipe for a headache.
It just sets me on edge whenever I smell it on me.
Who knows why.
But it's not easily tolerated.

What's even more annoying,
is when you don't mean to end up smelling like campfire and yet I end up doing so.

For example.
Tonight when I got home from work,
The apartments were sitting in the middle of a huge cloud of smoke.
The wind or whatever was just right.
to send clouds of campfire swirling over the parking lot.
not a pleasant smell when it's that intense to carry hundreds of feet away.

And even the briefest of contact with it,
As far away as I was from the main fire.
I couldn't even see the fire!
Left my hair reeking of campfire.
And I'd been no where near it!
>.<
Talk about frustrating. >.<
And headache inducing.
Bleh.

>.<
Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: Post written on 9/4/14 due to getting distracted by a show and losing track of the time :S

No comments:

Post a Comment