Friday, September 19, 2014

It's FREE!

Uhoh,
A monster may have just been unleashed.
For it was brought to my attention the other day,
That there was a book available for Free on ITunes.
And not just any book.
But a Brandon Sanderson book.
More particularly his huge book: The Way of Kings, is free on ITunes right now!
Seriously. HUGE book. It's over 1,000 pages!!! ()_()
AND ITs FREE!!!

Of course I downloaded it!
(Even though I already have it in hardcover and have read it already.)
But it didn't stop there.

>.>
No.

Because where there is one free book...
There will be more.
And I figured...why not go check it out?

Only, I discovered a problem.
You see....like all the free books....are the first books in series.
While the rest of the series...not free.
>.>
They're trying to bait you, to get you hooked on the book to buy the rest of the series.


And for a long time, I've been avoiding series books.
Because most of them only have one or two books out in said series.
And I haven't felt like investing myself into a world, only to not have the story completed.
to have to wait a year or two or three for the next book to come out...
Not really what I wanted.

But this...
Books.
Free.

It made me waver.
I mean, I'm downloading a book for FREE
How can a reader like me resist free?

You can't.
I may regret getting so many first books in series.
But, at least this lets me try out  a lot of books,
and branch out a little bit more than I have been doing recently. :D

So wish me luck!
I have a virtual book case full of books to read now! ^^

...Maybe if I start reading, it will distract me from downloading more....lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment