Saturday, September 13, 2014

Jump! Jump! Die.

So there I was,
Coming into work, early in the morning.
Not yet started on my morning tasks,
But preparing to do so.

I ended up slamming a door,
and
Plop.
I saw a Tiger Barb laying on the floor, still gasping, till moving.
It had jumped out of the tank! :S
Not a full surprise as we had taken the lid off to do some cleaning,
But still a surprise as usually fish don't jump out of their tanks.
I figured the slamming door had scared it,
and so swooped in and rescued the flopping thing.
I dropped him back into the water.
Not even getting a chance to think 'I saved you!'
Before he jumped back out.
!!!!!!
Honestly, he reacted like I had placed him in boiling water,
I don't even know if he was fully underwater before he flung himself back out onto the floor.
But off I went again to rescue the thing.

And thankfully he didn't shoot straight back out of the water the second time I put him in.
>.<
Instead, he floated there, upside down, gills moving, but nothing else moving.

Seriously!!
Did I just rescue you TWICE to have you die on me?
>.<
Yep.
I did.
The fish died a short time later. :(
Who knows...maybe his frantic flying out of the tank had broken something, or he was already suffering...
Idk.
>.< Just found it frustrating.

Stay in your tanks fish! You live longer that way!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment