Thursday, September 11, 2014

Much Work To Be Done

There is an urgency in this work that motivates us to extend the blessings of the temple to as many of our Heavenly Father's children as possible.
I was impressed with an experience of President Wilford Woodruff when he told of a visitation he received from the Prophet Joseph Smith some time after the Prophet was martyred.
According to President Woodruff's own account: "[Joseph Smith] came to me and spoke to me.
He said he could not stop to talk with me because he was in a hurry.
The next man I met was Father Smith; he could not talk with me because he was in a hurry.
I met half a dozen brethren who had held high positions on earth, and none of them could stop to talk with me because they were in a hurry.
I was much astonished.
By and by I saw the Prophet again and I go the privilege of asking him a question.

"'Now,' said I, 'I want to know why you are in a hurry.
I have been in a hurry all my life; but I expected my hurry would be over when I got into the kingdom of heaven, if I ever did.'

"Joseph said: 'I will tell you, Brother Woodruff.
Every dispensation that has had the priesthood on the earth and has gone into the celestial kingdom has had a certain amount of work to do to prepare to go to the earth with the Savior when he goes to reign on the earth.
Each dispensation has had ample time to do this work.
We have not.
We are the last dispensation, and so much work has to be done, and we need to be in a hurry to accomplish it.'

"Of course, that was satisfactory," President Woodruff concluded, "but it was new doctrine to me."

-M. Russell Ballard -Are We Keeping Pace? -October 1998 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There was a young man down town, being bullied by a taller guy, with short blonde hair, and wearing a blue shirt. The young man was like a young superman, but nobody in the city appreciated his efforts to help them out. They wanted him gone. He tried to fly away from their mockery, but their disbelief made it difficult for him to fly, he ended up leaping down the street, and went into his old lair at the top of an old building. Inside were old posters of back when he was a villain. The joker. His white face, red makeup. A girl followed him inside and saw his lair, but didn't see him. She searched, and finally found him in a dark corner, dressed as the batman but without the head mask on. He wasn't reverting back to being the bad guy like she'd feared, but had decided to go undercover. They left the lair, but it wasn't over yet. The man who'd been bulling him earlier slipped into the old lair, where he found the joker attire.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment