Saturday, September 20, 2014

Car Problems

I'd noticed it for a while,
the oil leak under my car.
Had it checked,
Was told it needed to be fixed,
But didn't have the time or a mechanic nearby that I would trust to look at my car.
So I put it off.

Only to have people ask me at the most random occasions.
"How is your car doing?"
O.o Were they trying to jinx me or something?
Probably not, as most of them had recently had car problems, so I figured they were just checking to make sure I wasn't having problems either.
Which I wasn't.
Besides that leak.

Only,
I'd noticed in the past couple of weeks or so,
That it had gotten worse.
There would be a sizeable spill underneath my car, after just a few hours of work.
Not good.
So I figured I would take it in,
After my vacation...
If my car still had oil to run it with by then.

But then, a few days before we were to leave.
I had this thought.
What if, I drove the car up to my hometown, where I knew there was a mechanic, who had worked on my car before, and drop it off before my vacation?
I could then drive down with my parents from there, instead of having them come pick me up.
It could work.
And if something went wrong, the mechanics would have a weekish to fix the problem.
And since I would be gone, I wouldn't need my car anyways.

So that's what I did.
I dropped off my car.

And it's a good thing I did.
The mechanic called me back.
There were two problems with the car.
One, was an easy fix. Something had become loosened, they just tightened it back up.
The second one, not good.
There was a leak in my car...that happened while the car was running.
As in aka "BIG FIRE HAZARD" alert. Oil leaks and hot engine...probably not good.
And it's not an easy place to get to it, no, they have to remove the transmission and drop down the oil pan in order to reach this leak. :(
Which means, a lot of man hours.
Which equates to a lot of $$$
About 4x what I'd been expecting to pay to fix my car. :(
Plus. It would take them about a week to do the job.

Yikes. Why do cars have to cost so much money?

But It's a blessing really.
-not that it costs so much, yikes really :S -
but that I had the inspiration to take my car in before I left on vaca.
As I would have been hard put up to not have my car for a week otherwise. :S
Now, it's being fixed, and I don't have to worry about needing it at the moment. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment