Thursday, September 4, 2014

Without Hope

A few years ago, Sister Joyce Audrey Evans, a young mother in Belfast, Northern Ireland, was having trouble with a pregnancy.
She went to the hospital, where one of the nurses told her she would probably lose the baby.
Sister Evans replied: "But I can't give up.
... You have to give me hope."
Sister Evans later recalled: "I couldn't give up hope until all reason for hope was gone.
It was something I owed to my unborn child."

Three days later she had a miscarriage.
She wrote: "For one long moment, I felt nothing.
Then a profound feeling of peace flowed through me.
With the peace came understanding.
I knew now why I couldn't give up hope in spite of all the circumstances: you either live in hope or you live in despair.
Without hope, you cannot endure to the end.
I had looked for an answer to prayers and was not disappointed; I was healed in body and rewarded with a spirit of peace.
Never before had I felt so close to my Heavenly Father; never before had I felt such peace.

"The miracle of peace was not the only blessing to come from this experience.
Some weeks later, I fell to thinking about the child I had lost.
The Spirit brought to my mind the words from Genesis 4:25: 'And she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hat appointed me another seed.'

"A few months later, I became pregnant again.
When my son was born, he was declared to be 'perfect.'"
He was named Evan Seth.

-James E. Faust- Hope, an Anchor of the Soul -October 1999 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There were people driving in a couple of different cars along a forested highway. The first car had a woman along with other people in it, she was the head of some sort of investigation agency. And as she looked into one of the side mirrors, she saw a man in a car behind a truck reading a newspaper as he drove. He looked familiar and the man cheekily grinned at her, drove a little bit crazy, caused an explosion that sent both her car and his car onto a railway track -two rails hanging in the air- that was over the river in the forest, they skidded and bumped into different metals merging them into a plane and a railcar where they finally ended up in a circle depot in the middle of a hidden jungle town in this abandoned amusement park sort of area. The cheeky fellow had planned it all elaborately so he could talk to her without it being seen by others. The guy had been part of a case a few years back -awkward he was- and the girl had had to rely on him, but now he needed her help....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment