Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Driving With Heights

I heard an interesting thing about my Grandpa Retrun the other day.
My mom told me that he was afraid of heights.
It was something I had kinda heard before, but it hadn't really stuck to my memory.
So I asked him what he would do if he were on a cliff side or if he had to cross a bridge.
My mom told me that he wasn't so bad when he was younger, but as he got older, he got more paranoid about it.

So what did he do when he was faced with those heights on a road trip?

Well, if there was a bridge Grandpa would drive right down the middle of it, equally apart from the edge on both sides. Regardless of lanes of traffic.
If he were on the side of a cliff, he would drive in the lane that was closest to the wall, as far away from the edge that he could get....even if that meant driving in the wrong lane. O.o

Somehow

Doing this, Grandpa never got into a car accident.
I have no idea how he managed that.
I can imagine all the twists and turns that one would face on a cliff....

No, the only time Grandpa got into an accident....was on a flat patch of road. O.o No heights anywhere. Go figure.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment