Saturday, June 18, 2016

Gone Again So Soon

Another one bites the dust.

It's only been like....maybe 3 months since I got my new manager over my department.
A manager I liked because she knew exactly what I've been going through, as she was in the exact same position I was in.
Where basically....I've been doing the manager's job while the manager is either training, or being found, or unable to do some of their tasks.

--And before you ask.... No, I don't want the manager position.
The manager has like only 5 hours scheduled in my dept.
Because technically the manager of my department only exists to do paperwork related stuff.
Not a fun job at all. They're main duties are customer service. Which is fine,
but I love where I'm at. Where I can spend every shift in my dept and have a good grasp on what's going on.
So, I'm sticking where I'm at. :D

Even though it is getting frustrating that none of the managers over me are sticking around. *sighs*

It's not a fun trend.
*shakes head*

In any case.
There I was, happily going along.
When our Assistant Manager was like "Oh, yah, you're going to have to show me how to do all the Animal Counts."
And I'm like. "Cool! I can totally do that, but.....is there something going on with Han?"
And Lan was like "Yah...she's quitting. Her last day is tomorrow."
()_() WHAT??!!?

SINCE WHEN?!?!

Ugh.
It's so annoying.
It seems like everyone who is quitting likes to keep it quiet.
So I only find out about it like a week, or a day, or after they leave.
Which I do not like.

Because it throws plans for a loop.
I don't like the farce.

I mean. I was talking about plans for beyond the current week. Things we needed to do, and clean, and get ready....
And not a word was mentioned until that day. O.o

Why?
WHY
If you know you're leaving, just give me a hint. And indication.
Pull me aside if you have to.
So I can plan for this.
So I don't keep coming to you with problems/solutions that you won't care about and won't need to do anything about after you're gone.

Really.
Why the secrets?

*shakes head*

So....
I lost another manager this week. :(

Which means in 4 years of working at Starsmet, I'm now on my 5th manager.
First there was Reth, Sirch, BB, Han, and now Lan.

....it's not a great way to install confidence in your coworkers if we're constantly switching out managers.....
*shakes head*

Guess we'll see how the new guy does. :) He seems eager enough, but he still has a lot to learn.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment