Saturday, June 11, 2016

Discoloration

It's always an increase to the paranoia,
When you notice something wrong with yourself.
And you have no idea how long this thing has been 'wrong.'
Or if it's even 'wrong' at all. Maybe you just didn't notice it before, but it's always been there.

My 'wrong' thing this time around.
Was one of my teeth.

I was brushing it one evening.
When I noticed that one was a different color than the others.
O.o
At least a bit of it was.
The front half of one of my molars had taken on a greenishgrey color.
()_()

Which, last time I checked -and really looked at my teeth....wasn't normal.

Maybe it was just a stain from some colored thing I'd eaten/drank recently.

So I brushed it extra hard.
Broke out the mouthwash for good measure.
And went to bed.

But a couple of days passed....
With no change to the coloration of my tooth.

:S
Maybe it wasn't staining.

Maybe it was something worse.

A cavity.
A filling gone bad.
A tooth decaying underneath the filling.

You know how the mind jumps it's way down to the worst possible possibility.

It didn't help,
That now that I noticed something was wrong....
I focused more on it.
And I couldn't decide if I was in pain or not.

Because if you focus on a problem...
It automatically seems to hurt when it involves the body. *shakes head*

My jaw started aching in that same area where the tooth was.
But I couldn't tell if the aching was from the tooth -as the tooth itself didn't ache at all.
Or if it was from the tenseness in my shoulder that resulted from my playing with electricity the other day, which resulted in a tense neck.....which may have resulted in the muscles in my jaw getting tense and therefore made my jaw ache.

Like I said....paranoia...
I could wait another month ish before going in, as that's when my next teeth cleaning was scheduled.
But...
If it was something bad...
Why wait and suffer and possibly have it be worse because I waited?

Thankfully,
When I called the dentist seeking an appointment.
They were able to see me the next day.
Yay!
I'd been worried I'd have to wait a week or so before I could get in.

So in I went to the dentist.

And in the end, they decided that the odd color to my tooth was actually just staining.
-They even took an x-ray to be double sure.
And that part of the tooth looked fine.
Yay!
It was....the other part of the tooth that was showing a shadow. *rolls eyes*
Go figure.
Apparently that cavity's been there for a bit as the doctor had a 'watch' on that particular area.
And that shadow has apparently finally gotten big enough to be a concern.
So then and there, they numbed my mouth and got rid of the cavity.

Boo for that. *shrugs*
But at least the tooth looks normal again. :) It just needed a bit of polishing. :)

I'm glad that the discoloration wasn't anything major. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment