Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Soaken Socks

The sprinklers in front of my apartment do not like me.

My roommates don't encounter them when they leave for work.
But within that time frame between when they leave and when I leave....
The sprinklers turn on.

The ones right in front of my apartment entrance. Soaking the sidewalk.

With no alternative way to escape it's soaking spray.

I'd already encountered it the day before.
And learned my lesson.
As my work shoes....not very good in the wet.

Water soaks through the soles basically instantly.
Which....isn't good when I deal with fish water on a daily basis.
Though usually not a big deal.
As not much water gets on the ground at work.

In any case.
I'd learned from having to work in wet socks yesterday.
So I turned back around and grabbed a second pair of socks.
Just in case.

And braved the sprinklers outside.

To find to my surprise....
My shoes didn't get soaked!
Yay!

I'd basically grabbed my extra socks for nothing.
But it's better to be prepared than spending hours walking around in wet shoes.

Little did I know.
That I would need my socks later on in the day.
As my coworker....ended up flooding the department when she was gravel vacuuming.
Because she'd forgotten to clear out the sink in back, and so the drain had gotten blocked, leading to the sink filling up with water and overflowing.

In any case.
I was the one who volunteered to sweep the water over to our floor drain (for when such things happen.)
Which took a good 20-30 minutes to do so.
Which meant....yah my shoes got soaked. And my socks got soaked.

Thankfully I only had like 3 hours left in my shift.
But!
Even more thankfully I had my extra pair of socks!

I mean....I discovered its kinda pointless to put on dry socks when your shoes are still wet....
But at least only the bottom of my new pair of socks got wet.
Which was a lot more tolerable than the entire thing being soaked.

Yay for me having the inspiration to grab socks!!

because wet socks are no fun at all.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment