Friday, June 10, 2016

Returning To Normal

I suppose it's been a little while since I've given an update.
An update on my arm.

You know...the swollen lymph nodes that showed up above my elbow back in Januaryish?
Yah....

Still recovering from that random problem.

Where we believe that after I burned my middle finger on my left hand and I spent some time cleaning fish tanks....a certain bacteria from the water in the fish tanks somehow managed to get through the burn, into my arm, and well...infected my arm. Swelling up 6 lymph nodes....

And after going to my doctor, and taking like 3 different types of meds with no success....
Ended up going to a more specialized doctor of 'infectious diseases'

Only....by the time I was able to get in to see him.
My arm had already started healing on it's own.
The swellings going down on some of the lymphnodes.
So we decided to wait a month.
Checked in.
Wait another month.
Check in.
Wait another month.
You get the gist.

We never really ended up doing any tests and going through any treatments because my arm is healing.
I don't even know if my problem originated from the fish tanks.... Or if it was some other thing. Either in a Petstore or I picked up elsewhere... *shakes head*

I'm probably never going to know for sure what was up.

But the good news.
Is that....like the Tortoise in the race....
My arm is slowly but surely heading towards being healed.

The lymh nodes are no longer swollen.
They're basically shades of red or brown on my arm.
I guess you could say they look more like bruises.

Maybe in another month my arm will look completely normal. No red spots any where.
Maybe.
It's slowly progressing.
It may be another two or three or four months. *shrugs* Who knows.

But since my arm is healing.
The doc decided after three visits....that since I'm healing, albeit slowly,
that it's pointless for me to come in for a 20 minute chat once a month to say "Yah, it's still getting better."

So, I'm on my own.
With the instructions that if my arm starts getting worse, or if it stops improving and looks exactly the same two months down the road....then I should call and make an appointment.

So yah.
Arm, healing.
Finger. Healing.

All healing very slowly.

Honestly, it won't surprise me if I'm doing a post in January (a full year would have passed) saying that the marks are finally gone from my skin. It's already been six months already... *sighs*

Patience will take the cake in the end....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment