Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Another Chip?

So a week ago, I had the unpleasant misfortune.
To feel an odd edge on one of my teeth.
Which can only mean one thing....something was either stuck there.
Or...something had chipped/fallen out.

A quick check in the mirror showed the unfortunate truth.
One of my front teeth...now had a chip in it. A half moon shaped chip.
Probably about the width of a dull pencil tip.

And I stared at it for a minute.
Trying to decide if I could learn to live with this chip in my tooth.

Answer?
No. No I could not.
I mean I had a tiny chip in my other tooth. About the size of a sharpened tip of a pencil. Not very noticeable or feelable.
But this one?
Much wider.
I didn't like it.

Honestly, I wished it was a dream. I have these sorts of dreams pretty often....so why couldn't this one be a dream too.

In any case.
I called the dentist.
And got more bad news.

:( They couldn't see me until today. A week later. Booooo.

Which meant I'd have to deal with the odd edge for an entire 7 days!!
Thankfully it wasn't jagged.
As that would be annoying to have a sharp edge for my tongue to play with for a week.

For the first couple of days, I was rather conscious of whenever I opened my mouth.
As you know when  you're worried about something it seems much larger.
So I was worried about people seeing it and such.
Though I kept telling myself that no one would notice it.

I mean it wasn't like half my tooth was gone or anything?
It was just a slight chip.
And I was correct.
Nobody noticed... I think.
Or if they noticed.
They didn't comment on it. :)

In any case.
I wasn't too concerned this time around that my tooth was going to chip away right in front of me....
As it wasn't the tooth that chipped.
In reality. The half moon space on my tooth....was from a filling that had been placed there a few years ago. ....When that same spot chipped for the first time.
Oh, I was way more panicky back then. lol.

But I remembered that happened.
And it looked like it was basically in the same spot.
So. It had to be the filling that had finally just given way.
As they do that on occasion.

Turns out I was right.
Yay for being right!! :D lol.

So, finally, today arrived!!
So I could go to the dentist.
And get my tooth fixed.
A process I was expecting to take like an hour (just like all my other cavity/fillings)
()_() But to my surprise.
I was in and out in like 15 minutes!!

The benefit of the problem being on your front tooth lol.

The Dentist took a look at both my front teeth.
Saw the large one that had reappeared.
And was like "Oh yah, we need to fix that."
But then he saw the smaller chip in my other tooth.
And was like "Is this new?" And I was like..." No it's been there for like a year..."
He was like "Huh."
(As the dentist and dentist hygienists had commented on it before.....but I said it was fine.)
This time though he was like "I'm gonna fix both of them."

O.o okay.
*shrugs*

So both the chips from my teeth are gone!!
Woot!! Yay for a new smile! lol. :D

The only odd thing right now is when I place the front teeth on edge with the bottom teeth...the bite doesn't feel normal any more there. Not that one usually places there teeth on edge unless biting into something....
But it now feels off. *shrugs* Something that I'll have to get used to.
lol as I can't really put the grooves back in my teeth now that they're fixed. ;)
So long as my mouth feels normal with my mouth completely shut. I'll be happy. :D

Soo happy!! :)

I'm glad for the 'new' smile. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment