Tuesday, June 6, 2017

How Did I Know?

So I have this talent of sorts.
Where I can predict plot points in shows/movies/books. 

Like you can start telling me a concept for a story in any of those formats and I'll chime in with "Oh, so does such and such happen? Is so and so going to do this?" 

And more often than not I'm right.

It happened tonight when I went out to see a movie with friends.

-I'd never seen the movie before. Didn't even know who the villain was.

But when a certain character came on screen, I just thought to myself...this guy is going to be a bad guy. 

I don't know if I would have told you the dude was THE bad guy. 
But I totally called that the guy's motives weren't as pure as they appeared to be.

And I was proven right when the reveal finally came.
Dude was the bad guy. 

And I mentioned it to my friends after the movie.
"Yah, basically when the guy came on screen I totally called they'd be the bad guy." 

"HOW?!" Was their cry. 
My friends were like. "I didn't even guess it was so and so." Or "I thought they might be towards the middle of the movie." 
"How did you know?!"

And it's honestly difficult to explain.
Instinct?
*shrugs* 
It's like...I've read a ton of books....seen a lot of shows....and have recently watched a lot of mystery shows where you take little pieces of information and create a larger picture to solve the mystery. 

It's....
Hard to explain.
How did I know the guy was a bad guy?

Well part of it was the camera focus.
How it seemed to linger on the character. 
Give them emphasis. 
I mean, if you give a character a name and more than three lines...they end up being important to the plot somehow. Will they help or hinder it though is the question?
And since the movie had already established the 'helpful' side....it was a logical step for me to assume that the person was a bad guy.
Masquerading as a good guy.

It's totally a "play both sides sort of role." 

Plus it was the person's willingness to help the good guys in an 'under the table fashion' that kind a just made me go "Huh...this seems like a trap." 

Really though... I don't know why I guessed the way I did.
Part of my thinking was "Oh hey! This actor played a good guy in this one popular movie, but they have totally a different sort of presence in this one so maybe he's the bad guy in this movie!"
lol totally a leap to a conclusion there. 

But yah.
It's hard to explain...
Sometimes you just know you know? 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment