Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Hatchet Problem

As a young 12-year-old Scout, I received a gift of a much-desired addition to my Scouting equipment.
It was a hatchet with a heavy leather cover!
On the next overnight hike, we arrived in camp after dark, wet and cold from the heavy snow on the trial.
All I could think about was building a big roaring fire.
I immediately went to work chopping a fallen tree with my new hatchet.
As I chopped, I was frustrated because it didn't seem to be cutting very well.
In my frustration, I worked harder.
Disappointed, I returned to camp with only a few pieces of wood.
By the light of someone else's fire, I discovered the problem.
I hadn't taken the cover off the hatchet.
I can report, however, the cover was chopped to shreds.
The lesson: I became distracted with other things.

-Allan F. Packer -The Book -October 2014 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment