Friday, June 30, 2017

Gone Out

My sister and I went to the drive-in last night. 

-Those outdoor theatres where you watch the movie from inside your car. 

It was a halfway spur of the moment thing.
Mostly in that I saw on my Facebook "On this day" thing that Kikay and I had gone to the drive-in a handful of years ago. And it made me a bit nostalgic. 
So I texted Kikay telling her that I wanted to go to the Drive-In.
You know, thinking that we'd plan to go in a week or two maybe four.... 
Just sometime before summer ended really.

But we decided that there was a pairing this week we liked.
And we'd only have the opportunity to see it either that day or tomorrow (last night) 
Since I had work in the morning we couldn't see it that day.

Because the drive-in does a double movie feature.
And since the movies don't start until the sun sets (since it's outdoors) the second movie wouldn't end until long after midnight. 
And early morning work and late night movies don't really mix if I want to get some sleep at some point. 

But last night would work perfectly since I had the day off this morning. 

So kinda spur of the moment we decided to go see the movies! 
Cars 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to be exact. :) 

Ah, I forget how fun it is to be at the drive in.
Where you can sit in your car, eat your snacks, chat with whoever you brought with you.
And be surrounded by people, but not surrounded by people. 
I mean, with the cars all around, there's a bit more space between you and the next car.
So it's easy to feel like you're part of a big group, but still in your isolation as well. 

I had a ton of fun. ^^ Both movies were fun to see and were totally worth not getting home until 3 am for. XD haha. 

I definitely need to do this more often. :) 
Just... not on nights when I have work in the morning. ;) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment