Sunday, June 4, 2017

Mindful Contradictions

My brain works in interesting ways when it comes to writing.

I mean, it's well known that I'm best able to write when I have a visual stimulation happening nearby where I can look at it for a bit then get back to writing.
Like sitting at Wendy's and looking out the windows.
Or putting on a show/movie that I've seen a million times as background so I can write then.

But that's not always the case.
There are days where I can write to silence.
Or write to music.

And today was one of those music days.

Mostly because I wasn't feeling the greatest, I hung out in my comfy chair in my bedroom, listening to church music and writing.

But what I find particularly amusing about listening to church music, which is like this soothing inspirational happy feel good sort of music....
Was that I was in the middle of writing out a battle scene. You know...lives on the line. Fighting, injuries, etc etc.
Which seems so contradictory.
I mean writing violence to church music? 
Who does that?

Me apparently.

Because that's how my brain likes to work. lol. 

Honestly, I think writing to the church music today has helped because it's soothing enough to keep me from getting hyper distracted with things, but upbeat enough that I have the energy to focus on the words I want to craft on the page. 

In any case.
It's been fun because I've been writing!! :D yay!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment