Saturday, June 24, 2017

Missing You

Have you ever been hanging out with people and realized...you really wish you were elsewhere hanging out with a different group or person? 

I was in one of those situations. 
Where being with some of my friends, only made me miss a different friend even more. 

I think it was mostly because I was feeling a bit....out of touch with the people I was hanging with.

Like...I found it difficult to find subjects to talk about with them.
Because usually my topics of choice with my other friends....like talking about the crazy people at work, or a new story idea, or a show I'm obsessed with....I didn't feel like I could do the same thing with the people I was hanging out with.

It was like....
I wanted to belong. Wanted to create a fun environment where we could laugh and chat and just have fun...
But I felt a bit like the outsider. 
My interests having changed from these friends.
To the point where I'm not quite sure what to actually talk about when we hang out together.
I'm basically left with small talk....and even that fails because my friends hate the small talk lol.

So I was sitting there.
In silence.
Wishing I was elsewhere.
Because elsewhere, with different people....
I could be so much more involved, more talkative....
Like I have been with other friends recently.

And being there, without these other friends....
*exhales*
It made me miss them more.

And made me realize how grateful I am to have those other friends in my life.
Because without them....who would I talk obsessions with? lol. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment