Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Constant Beginning

I like consistency. 
I'm not going to lie. 
I like it when things just stay constant.
Where I can expect one thing and get that thing each time. 

I like it when things are unchanging.
Mostly because it can take me a while to get used to a new situation. 
So to have a situation stay constant allows me to be able to adjust and ease myself in.

But when something is constantly changing.
It's...difficult to even find the effort to involve myself.
Because what's the point?
It's not going to be the same after a while.

It's kinda how I feel about my coworkers really.

Like I kinda expect my coworkers to just stick around, work the job for years on end.
lol
But with retail, that's hardly the norm. 
It's amazing if a person sticks around longer than a year.
Most of them disappear after about six months or so.

And the constantly changing dynamic of people at work....
Has its pros and cons.
Because a) if I don't like a coworker, I can just wait it out because I know they will leave eventually.
but b) what's the point of even trying to make friends with coworkers if they're just going to leave? 

*shakes head*
It's a thing I struggle with off and on at work with.
Like how social and friendly to I try to be with my coworkers?
Because I don't want to make an effort to try and be friends and talk and basically establish a friendship...if you're just going to quit work next month and disappear forever.

*exhales* 
I kinda wish I was in a work environment where it's the same people for forever. Those career people who stick with a job for 10, 20, 30 years. 

But that's how life goes I suppose.
People are always on the lookout for the next 'good job' 
And retail...is just a jumping off point. 

Still...it would be nice to have work buddys that stuck around. 

Because knowing everyone is going to leave eventually...can be rather depressing. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment