Friday, January 5, 2018

A Cover

So a little bit ago, I wrote a fic. 
A Song!Fic 
Which is basically a story where you take lyrics from a song and either just put the lyrics in the story, or else have the characters sing the song in said story. 

And I did the latter part. 
Where I had one of the characters in my fic sing the lyrics to Out There from Hunchback of Notre Dame. 
Only, I changed a few of the lyrics to better fit the character. 

Which, it's kinda fun to come up with my own lyrics. lol.
I ended up doing it quite a lot over Christmas this year and last year while I was at work. Making up Pet Store themed related songs to the Christmas Songs playing on the radio.

In any case.
I wrote the story, posted it, had people love it. And yah...life moved on.

But the fun thing about posting stories online, is that people randomly rediscover them.
How they end up finding them I have no idea lol. 
But I had a reader find this fic that had my altered version of Out There in the story.

And they loved it.
Loved it to the point where they messaged me and asked if it would be alright if they did a cover of my version of the song. 
(Aka, they wanted to sing it and post it so other people could hear that version.) 

They asked me like a month ago if they could do this.
And today they finally posted it and !!!!!!!
I can't tell you how excited I've been all day for it. ^^;;
Like. Having someone love my version of the lyrics so much that they want to sing it?!?!

AHHHH!!!

Seriously. This is amazing. I love it. ^^;; lol. 

Considering that my New Year has been off to a rough start with like the constant headaches (which finally left me today. yay.) the fact that I've gotten two pieces of fanart and a cover of a song this week has been totally worth the aching skull I've dealt with. 

^^ I'm so happy. Yay for people being amazing!!! :D 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment